Chapter 15

A/N Thank you for being here. :') This is for nhelle_88

Chapter 15: Strange Circumstances

The next thing I heard made my heart freeze, and I felt blood drain from my face.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Chip’s POV

Xander’s face blanched a ghostly white and his hand that roamed my thigh a few seconds ago clenched into a tight fist.

“What do you mean you can’t find her? Didn’t I tell you not to take your eyes off her?!” I jumped in my seat, surprised by his tone.

“What the fuck is wrong with you woman?!” Xander’s eyes were blazing, and his voice was raised dangerously close to the limit.

I glanced timidly at the teacher who was marking her papers.

She glared at Xander, shocked at his use of rude language.

I don’t know what came over me, but there was no stopping my actions. Anxious, I took his balled fist into my hands—realizing that his palm was rather huge—and gently caressed it.

I watched as Xander’s face began to gain back some of its color, and his grip loosened slightly.

“I’m coming over now. Go to the station and inform the officers—I’ll be right there.”

In a swift movement, Xander flipped his phone shut and turned to me, a small, forced smile on his face.

“I’ll be right back—“

“W-What happened? Is it Giselle?” I couldn’t stop the words from coming out of my mouth. There was a strange pumping of blood in my ears, and I seemed to be able to hear the sound of my racing heart.

Xander’s lips thinned, and he nodded.

“I’m coming with you!”

An unusual confidence filled me, as I stood up from my seat and said firmly.

If Xander was surprised, he didn’t show it.

It was strange because he simply took my hand, and led me out of the conference room—with the female teacher shouting at us to come back.

It was strange because he didn’t seem to mind my cold hands.

And maybe it was strange because I didn’t feel cold in his.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

We took a taxi to the nearest police station, and I could tell that Xander was beyond worried.

“Fuck…it’s getting late.”

I looked outside the window, and saw the setting sun.

“Don’t worry, m-maybe they’ve found her by now…?” I tried my best to give him some hope, but I don’t think it would be that easy.

Surprisingly, Xander smiled sadly. “Yeah. Maybe.”

And he squeezed my hand gently.

Realizing that we were still holding hands, I felt my face heat up, and I instantly lowered my gaze to my lap.