The Field Trip

2 years later Regina and Robin have settled down in New York, while Henry and Roland go to a lovely school. Regina works as a real-estate agent while Robin works at a bar, part time. Regina has become so cold and has shut off her feelings once again. While Regina is at work she gets a call from her assistant.

"Hi Mrs.Mills sorry to bother you but your son is here to see you."

"Okay send him up."

Henry went into his moms, office "Hey Mom."

"Henry what do you want?"

"I just wanted to see you."

"No you want something and why aren't you in school mister?"

"Well I thought if I could stop by then maybe we could hang out."

"Henry I can't hang out I have work to do."

"But you always have work to do, and I never see you anymore."

"Yes you do."

"No I don't, because all you do is work."

"Well if I don't work then we won't have money, and then we will be on the streets with no more video games, is that what you want?"

"No ma'am."

"Okay so tell me the real reason you are here, because I know its not just to see your beautiful mother."

"Well I was kind of hoping that you would sign something."

"What do I need to sign?"

"A permission slip we are going on a field trip to Chicago, and I really want to go."

"Of course you can go, when is it?"

"Um.. tomorrow."

"HENRY!"

"See now if we hung out more you would know these things."

"Ugh Henry come on we have to go pack your things."

Regina and Henry left her office and went to go pick up Roland. Then they headed home and Henry ran to his room and started packing. Regina gathered somethings he might need like money, sunscreen, and some snacks. Early the next morning Regina dropped Henry off at school.

"Mom you don't have to stay, I can take care of myself."

"Henry your just a kid."

"No i'm grown mother."

"Henry your only twelve."

"Twelve and a half it counts."

"Okay Henry you win remember my rules."

"I know I know, don't talk to strangers, stay with the class, and If I get lost call 911 on my phone."

"Yes its used more for than just games you know."

"I know mom love you bye."

"I love you too, have fun and be safe."

As Regina got into the car and drove off Henry waved her bye. As soon as she drove down the street Henry ran to the nearest bus station. As he got on the bus the bus driver stopped him. 

"Excuse me son, but aren't you a little young to be riding the bus by yourself?"

"No aren't you a little old to be driving a bus by yourself?"

"Touché kid find a seat."

Henry found a seat and got comfortable. A few hours later Henry got off the bus and ran to Emma's house however she wasn't home. Henry sat on the porch, pulled out the goldfish his mother had packed and waited for Emma. He checked the time to see that it was 10:00pm. He waited five more minutes and a car pulled up to the curve and Graham got out of the car and opened the door for Emma. Henry saw them talk and then they kissed. Henry felt sick to his stomach. As Emma walked to open the door she saw Henry sitting.

"Oh my god Henry what the hell are you doing here?"

"I could ask you the same thing Miss Swan."

"Don't Miss Swan me, I live here and wait do your parents know that you are here."

"Kind-of."

"HENRY!"

"Pipe it down sista lets just go in and talk about this over some hot coco with cinnamon." Henry said with a Brooklyn accent

"Kid no."

"Come on that was good."

"No it wasn't."

Emma and Henry walked in the house and sat in the living room.

"Okay look before you get any hot coco you need to tell me what you are doing here."

"Fine well I'm supposed to be in Chicago on a school trip but I had to see you because I really miss you."

"I missed you to kid."

"Of course how could you not, I mean look at this face."

"Haha very funny."

"I'm serious I'm gorgeous, but you have to help my mom."

"Why whats going on?"

"Well she really, misses you and she is very unhappy."

"Henry I can't."

"Oh please she loves you and you love her."

"But she is with your father and i'm with Graham."

"Oh you can do better."

"HENRY!"

"Just being honest."

"Okay Henry well I think its time for bed."

"Okay mom, but can I sleep in your room?"

"Fine go get ready."

Henry ran to go get ready for bed and Emma did the same. Emma got into her bed and sat there thinking about how Regina was doing. Then she was brought out of her thoughts by Henry jumping on the bed.

"Henry you have to go to sleep."

"Ugh your no fun."

"That's right now to sleep mister."

"Okay Emma goodnight."

"Goodnight Henry."

Henry fell asleep and Emma fell asleep thinking about Regina.