Ms Archery~ pt.2

Ms Archery~ pt.2 (Distraction)

"Time is a runaway
comin' for yah."

The lyrics blasted through Alex's headphones as she walked into school the next morning, trying really hard not to replay the events from yesterday; she had kissed Kevin, or more like he kissed her, but she kissed him back...and liked it. And she hated to admit it, but if they hadn't been interrupted, she's 95% sure they would have had sex on the grass.

"Hey, Lexie." Laura greeted, walking in step with her. "How was working on the project with Kevin?"

"Fine." She lied. "Why?"

"What do you mean 'why?'?" Laura laughed. "You know what everyone says about him, don't you?"

"Yeah, so?"

"Sooo..." Laura stopped in front Alex's locker. "We all thought you were in danger."

"Hey." Dylan said, walking up to them. "You guys talkin' about Kevin?"

"Why would you automatically assume we were talking about him?" Alex asked.

"Because I heard the word danger." He snorted. "That's his middle name. I'm telling you, he's crazy."

Alex slammed her locker closed. "Just because he doesn't catch a football and run down a field, waiting to be tackled by dudes in skin tight pants...doesn't mean he's a freak." She turned on her heel and walked away from them. She couldn't believe she had just defended Kevin; maybe it was the insanity left over from kissing him.

"Well, Ms. Archery." Kevin had snapped her out of her thoughts. "Are you, yet again, coming over tonight?"

It took her a moment to realize what he meant. "Um, I don't know."

An unsettling smile appeared on his face. "Does this have to do with what Laura and Dylan were talking about?"

She did a double take. "How do you...? Did you hear everything we said?"

"Yes." He answered bluntly. "Didn't know you cared so much, Alex."

"Shut up." She rolled her eyes. "I defended you, not because I care, but because it's not right the way they judge people."

"Hm." He nodded, amused by her excuse. "So then, are we working on the project...or finishing what we started?"

"Workingontheproject!" She answered in a hurry, feeling nervousness wash over her and the blood rush to her cheeks. "I mean...I have to get to class."

Kevin gave his signature smirk as he watched her scurry away from him. "This is going to be fun." He thought to himself.

Alex let out a huge breath and shut her eyes tight; did she really just blush? It was Kevin. Kevin, damn it. Not exactly the captain of the football team, but she'd be lying if she said she didn't want to feel his arms around her again. He had some pretty impressive muscles for someone who didn't really work out. Then again, she didn't know what he did with his free time, and archery is a pretty good workout on your arms...

"Stop it!" She scolded herself. "You've known Kevin since you were kids, that's all..."

But his lips...his stare...his touch...it all still lingered in the back of her mind and she wanted to feel it again. And, call her crazy, but she's pretty sure he showed some kind of enjoyment when she accidentally bit his lip.

"God, help me." She thought as the bell rang for class to start.

"Hi, Alex!" Celie screamed as she opened the front door.