Ms Archery~ pt.3

Hey guys last part of this short story. Ms Archery~ pt.3 "Make up"

"I can smell the make up from here, yah know." Kevin startled Alex, leaning against her locker and observing the covered up hickey.

It was the morning after their little...session.

Alex rolled her eyes and scanned her neck in the mirror of her locker door. "Yeah, well, it wouldn't be there if-."

"If what?" He smirked, glancing around to see Dylan and Laura watching from across the hall. "If we hadn't almost fucked in my backyard yesterday?"

"Stop it." She hissed. "I...we...that was a mistake, okay?"

"Oh, try and hide it all you want, Alex." He chuckled. "But uh, you and I both remember what you promised."

"I said I didn't mean it."

"And I said that what happened yesterday was proof that you're lying." He raised his hand and ran it gently down her arm.

Alex didn't know why; maybe it was the lingering feeling of their bodies pressed together, or the way Kevin's voice went low and husky, that affected her in ways nothing had before. She shivered and shook her head. "Stop it, Kevin. I know what you're doing."

"What exactly am I doing?" He smiled, knowing how he made her feel.

"You're trying to...to..." She couldn't finish her sentence, thinking if she said it out loud he'd more than likely laugh in her face.

"So fucking innocent." He chuckled and shook his head. He wrapped his arm around her waist and leaned in close, whispering in her ear. "I'm gonna get in your pants, Alex. I'd say try, but I don't need to, I'll succeed. You really think I wasn't expecting you yesterday when you came over? We have a project due, and just like clockwork, you showed up, invited or unannounced, it doesn't really matter. But even my half wit mother can tell by now that you're not coming to work on the project, you could finish that all on your own, no problem. You just want to see me. And that bullshit about you not knowing I was interested in archery was just classic. Out of all the times you've been over, you couldn't honestly expect me to believe you haven't once seen my bow. Face it, Alex, you're not a very good liar. If you were, I'd have believed you when you said what happened yesterday was a mistake."

Alex swallowed the lump in her throat; half, if not all, of it was true. A project as simple as theirs didn't really require two people, and she in fact had seen his bow more than once. She always timed it just right so she could catch a glimpse of him practicing because it was the first thing she really noticed about him.

"I really have no idea what you're talking about." She glared at him, trying as best as she could to hide the blush creeping up on her cheeks.

"Oh, please." He rolled his eyes, looking beyond her to see Dylan storming up to them. "You're like a cat in heat, 'Lexie'. Just say when..."

Alex opened her mouth to throw out some defense when she heard a "Hey!" being called from behind her. She turned to see Dylan making his way up to them.

"Is there a problem?" He asked, looking down at her.

"No!" She said quickly, stepping away from Kevin. "We were just talking about the project."

"And Alex's unbelievably noticeable hickey." Kevin chimed in with a smirk. "I thought it was particularly interesting being that you could probably see it from space. Bye, Alex."

Alex turned a crimson red as he winked at her before walking away from them.

Kevin would have turned back to see her reaction, but loud "what?!" coming from the walking testosterone beside her, had him feeling pretty good about their interaction.