Gods and Monsters pt.8

"He was willing face a life without me than to have me choose a life I would not choose for myself."
― John Scalzi, The Sagan Diary

She ran to the school with her ashen hair being carried by the wind, together with her threatening to fall nude cardigan but she didn't mind- the only thing occupying her brain was Kevin. Her converse screeched through the smooth school hallway with one or two instances threatening the grey eyed girl loose her balance but she kept on going- for him she kept on going.

When she arrived at the entrance to the gym, it was locked by a large, yellow bicycle lock and her eyes widened as the sudden realization hit her. This was what Kevin was planning this for days. Sophie panicked and immediately looked at another entrance, only to find all of them locked.

"Fuck." She cursed out loud, leaving Sophie to bang against the doors and plead. "Kevin let me in! Kevin!"
She breathed for a second, at this time of hour there were only a few people around the school so she had a little more time to get to Kevin before people realized that something was wrong. As she tried to clear her mind, Sophie remembered something. It was a ventilation shaft located at the third floor which led directly to the gym. It was behind the bleachers and Sophie would often use the pathway to escape gym classes and go hit up a joint, at this she started to run as fast as her feet could carry her- in worry that she won't get to Kevin in time.

---
Arriving at the gym, it was like she entered a bloody massacre that she would only see in television shows. She looked at the bodies, slowly counting how many her boyfriend had killed and that was when she realized that most of the corpses were of Mindy and her friends. It was his revenge plot, out of the fact that they had hurt her.

The realization almost made Sophie cry- out of happiness or fear she had yet to realize. Kevin did all of this for her, because he fucking loved her too much to let anybody else hurt her. The other people who were killed were just collateral damage so that he could attain his goal and as he stood there in front of the river of blood- she fucking loved him more.

His image would forever be ingrained in her mind, that despite of the fact that he should have been bloodied by now, he wasn't. He wore clean clothes and was only decorated with a sheen of sweat along with his bow and a bag of arrows behind his back.

"So this is what you've been planning all along?" She asked, the two of them on opposite sides of the gym the only thing separating them were the corpses and a river of blood. Slowly she went around the disastrous aftermath, knowing how hard it is to remove blood from clothes. Once she reached him, Sophie hugged his boyfriend- now turned murderer- from behind. "You fucking psychopath. How could you do all of this for me?"

"I love you." He muttered weakly, then turned around to face her- his hands cupping her tear stained face. "Tell me that you're pleased." She nodded weakly as Kevin wiped away the tears that were dripping from her eyes.

He did all of this for her, out of the fact that he would never let anyone hurt her without receiving a painful punishment. That thought itself, was still being processed in her mind. This teenage boy, this psychotic teenage boy would be the death of her and she loved him- wholeheartedly so but as she heard sirens blaring from the distance she knew. They both knew that it was for him and they both knew that they would be separated for the first time since they met.

"I don't want to leave you." She muttered weakly and Kevin could only rest his chin atop her head. "We could leave right now, through the vents. We'll run away. Please Kevin. Please." She pleaded, but he only shook his head lightly.

"Some of them will survive and know it's me." He pointed at the bodies. "Besides, the arrows, the locks- everything actually would be traced back to me. I'm not that very good at such a thorough planning you know."