Chapter 6: Time legend.

Seven opened the door to his apartment, taking a strong inhale. He leaned against the wooden door, groaning in exhaustion. Although he didn't do much on the first day, he felt the situation with WebBaze was overwhelming. He stared at the interior of his rented place as a sense of loss crawled up his stomach. The only reason he moved away from his home state and away from his aunt was to get this job at GamerCave. If anything, he knew he'd go for any position in the building, and the only open job was to be Nicolas's assistant.

He strolled past the kitchen counter, ignoring the fact that his stomach was rumbling. His eyes were heavy as he walked toward the sofa. Along the way towards the couch, he dropped his suitcase, jumped on the lounge, and landed on his back on the cushions.

9:30 a.m.

Seven groaned softly, his eyes clenching as the sound of his phone rang by his ear. He opened his eyes and noticed caller ID on the screen.

Calling: Nicolas Anderson

Seven sat up quickly and grabbed his phone, answering the call. "Hello?"

"Hello?" Nicolas repeated, "Did you forget about the 10 am meeting? I'm outside your door."

Seven's heart raced as he pulled the phone away from his ear, noticing the time. Thirty minutes before 10 a.m., his boss was outside his door. Nicolas hung up the call as Seven raced to the front door. His eyes still heavied as his body was sore from the position he slept in. He opened the door, and the smell of cologne hit him like a wave of evergreen in a florist shop.

"Good sleep, Mr. Ochoa?" Nicolas asked, raising an eyebrow at the assistant who still wore yesterday's clothes.

"I—I'm sorry. I must've overslept."

"Overslept is an understatement. We have thirty minutes to get to the restaurant, and you've just woken up."

Seven slowly nodded as the center of his forehead throbbed. He sighed, walking away from the door. "Uh... come in if you like. I'll take a quick shower."

"A quick shower? Do you think you can shower within the timeframe?" Nicolas stepped in, watching his assistant pace around the living room as if he were looking for puzzle pieces. Seven didn't say anything. He grabbed his phone and rushed upstairs to get his clothes ready. He wasn't worrying about anything else. Despite the drowsiness and headache, he was determined to shower within five minutes.

Nicolas watched as his assistant rush up the stairs. He shook his head, closing the front door behind him. He looked around the apartment, examining the emptiness of the scene. He then remembered reading about Seven's education not being in Batesburg. Nick stepped to the living room, peering at the light gray walls, and noticed the lack of family pictures— or any pictures. He sat on the sofa, falling to his back, staring at the turned-off TV in front of him.

Where are your family photos, Ochoa? Nicolas thought.

The shower turned on, driving Nick to throw his arm over his eyes, annoyed by the situation. How can his assistant be so unprofessional to forget about a meeting? He dropped his arm as his eyes wandered to the bookshelves on both sides of the TV. It was a lovely apartment, but it lacked personality. There were no moving boxes either, so Nick could only conclude that the moving portion was done... but what exactly was moved? He shook off the idea and scoffed at the realization of the situation. He was always friends with all his assistants — the good ones, at least— but he's never been involved in their private life, never mind sitting on a couch in their apartment.

He heard footsteps running downstairs, and as his eyes darted to the noise, Seven came into his line of vision, shirtless and with a pair of blue gym shorts. The shorts hung from one side of the hip, revealing the waistband of his white boxers. Nicolas's eyes softened, holding in his smile when seeing his slender figure. Seven's brown hair dripped water onto his forehead, with water droplets racing down his freckled face.