chapter one

The sun was up I slowly opened my eyes my back was killing me from sleeping on a rock. I took it and threw it. Once again i only had a few hours of sleep. Why my family what did we do make the orcs hate us? I slowly got up and looked at my dressed It was still ripped from when i ran. I went over to a stream as i was cleaning up i heard some horses and talking. I walked to where they where coming from. There 16 ponies. 13 of the ponies had dwarfs on them, one had a wizard the other a hobbit.

"Come on pay!"

They started to toss money bags. I want to get closer so i quietly moved closer. But i guess i step on twig and they all saw me. Two got off their ponies weoponds pointed at me what noticeing i was a girl put them away. One had a blond hair and the nother had brown hair

"What is it?" One of them asked.

"It's a lady uncle." One with a blond beard said.

A big dwaf i assume was the learder of the group walked over to me.

"Who are you?"

"I'm Katie."

"What are you doing here?"

I could not tell them beside they would not care about a homeless girl like me.

"I ran away." Close enough.

"Well keep running."

"Come on uncle she has no where to go." The blond one said.

"Yea we can't leaver her alone." The brown hair one said.

"Are you good with a sword?" The learder asked.

"A little."

He tossed me a sword.

"She can stay until we have a place for her. Kili she will ride with you."

Kili was the brown hair one. He helped me on but touch my thigh while doing so.

"Sorry love." He said.

"It's ok." I was blushing so much. This was the 1st time i was noticed by a male.

We rode the rest of the day and soon stopped by some hills. Two dwarfs named Bofur and Bifur where making some food. I was sitting watching them. Dwarfs where just fun creatures. Kili then sat down by me.

"You ok?" He asked.

"Yea."

"Put your legs here." He said patting his lap.

I looked at him. "I know how to fix your dress."

"How?" I asked i put my legs on his lap.

"My mother taught me me and my brother Fili would always tear are clothes.

A short time later he finshed.

"Thank you."

"Your welcome. Now come over by the fire."

I followed him and sat in between him and Fili and ended up sleeping in between them as well. That night was the 1st time i sleep threw the night.