t.w.e.n.t.y-o.n.e

A/n: Same outfits as last chapter.
...

        Despite the trouble at school earlier that day, Michael and his parents still attended dinner at Calum's. Before their arrival, Calum was rapidly shoving things into various hiding places in his room. It was not because he was trying to impress Michael. No definitely not. He just wanted their boyfriend act to be convincing.

     Just as Calum finished 'cleaning his room, he heard the doorbell ring and his sister saying, "Hi, nice to meet you. I'm Calum's sister, Mali."

     The Maori boy fixed up his hair and hurried downstairs. He saw a man and woman talking to his parents, who he knew were Michael's parents, and Michael was talking to Mali.

"Oh here he is! Calum, meet Mr. and Mrs. Clifford." His mother smiled.

"Hello, it's nice to meet you." Calum greeted.

"It's nice to meet you too. Michael told us you're on the swim team, how long have been a swimmer?" Mrs. Clifford asked.

"About four years, Ma'am." Calum answered.

"That's nice. You know Michael wanted to be a swimming instructor when he was little. But when he got older he changed his mind." She continued.

Michael was glaring at his mother. "Hey, Cal, why don't you show me your room." He suggested.

"I want the door open!" Calum's mom yelled after them.

"Okay, mom!" Calum groaned.

Calum led Michael to his bedroom where they began to talk.

"Hey, I never got to ask you, but are you okay?" Calum asked.

"About the Luke stuff? Yeah. It pisses me off that people are egotistical dickheads, but as long as Luke's okay, I'm okay." Michael replied.

"And he is?" Calum questioned.

"Yeah, he was a little freaked out over us getting in trouble and hurt, but he got over it when I said I'd paint his nails and have a movie day with him if he would believe that we're fine." Michael chuckled.

Calum smiled at that.

"He's the cutest thing ever." Calum stated.

"I know. He's so innocent and sweet and his adorable-ness hurts my heart." Michael agreed just before Mali called them for dinner.

The pair sighed and headed to the kitchen, hands linked. They held hands through the whole meal. Through all the the awkward questions. Through all the blushes. Even through the conversation about why Michael's contact name in Calum's phone was Daddy. At the end of the night, Michael left Calum's house with a heartfelt goodbye and a sweet kiss on Calum's lips. Calum decided that maybe Michael wasn't as bad as he initially thought.
...
A/n: I FINALLY GOT IT DONE. My dumbass figured out that it was wattpad's server that was having the issue, not my iPod, so I turned off wifi to write this and now it's all good in the hood. I will be trying to update other stories (I might do another chapter of this) tonight and maybe tomorrow and Monday (I have the day off bc it's MLK Day) depending on how much homework I can get done. I hope you enjoyed this Malum chapter, I loved writing it. Bye lovelies!:3

-Lannah