1. Heavenly Dancer

Nova's dress^

"I promise, it won't happen again, just give me one more chance, pleeaaasse?"

"Nova, you said that 87 chances ago and you know I've been all too lenient with you already."

"But-"

"No buts this is final you must receive a punishment for your actions."

"Fine"

He is so unfair, they're sending me to earth with a few pretty messages for the mortals such as what to name a baby, or what the answer of a math quiz is. You get what I mean. And for what? Dancing? Ugh.

Ok, so I might of broken a few rules while doing it but.....hey, nobody really notices anyway. All I did was go down and dance for the mortals.

"I know what you're thinking, nova, but please, just dance here in heaven."

But they don't appreciate my dancing here. Any time a dance for all the angels here they merely thank God for making me and guiding my feet, they even praise the harpist! But, noooo, no one can spare a single complement for me. They don't gasp when I do a sudden dip or sigh when I've finished a graceful twirl. Their eyes don't glaze over in wonder as the humans do when they see my dancing. I watched St. Peter walk away with a slouch probably the extra stress I had unintentionally laid on his shoulders. He's took care of me since parents died in a battle with the demons, they had been very good friends and had pronounced Peter as my godfather at my birth.

But anyway, I'm Nova, an angel, I'm 1,786 years old (quite young for my species) and I love to dance. I tend to get in trouble for showing off for the mortals. Now I've got to go take lousy messages which are usually given to the 100 year olds.

I walked over to the message center. The building is enormous with stark white walls and gold trims. It is a beautiful Grecian structure with thick white columns. I stepped through the tall archway.

"Nova! It feels like I haven't seen you for decades." Lady Amilla greeted me. She enveloped me in a crushing hug. I backed up and looked up at the tall, bulky woman with her thick brown hair somehow all piled up on her head. Every body loves Lady Amilla because she loves every body. As a featherling I had come here to get cookies which she would sneek to me behind St. Peter's back.

"Yeah, it has been a few decades hasn't it?"

"What are you doing over here anyway, aren't you training to become a miracle worker?"

She was right, I'm training to become a miracle worker, those are the angels who give miracles to the mortals.

"I kinda got in a spot of trouble so I'm running messages for a bit."

"Oh, nova, have you been dancing on earth again? You know how St. Peter feels about that."

"Yeah," I looked down at the floor," he's the one who sent me over here."

"You really should just listen to him and do what your told."

"Yes, lady amilla."

"Well, here's some messages to take to earth, and nova, try to stay on track down there."

"I will."

After grabbing the carrier bag from Lady Amilla's hands I turned to go out of the message center. Just as I stepped out of the building someone ran into me causing my bag to fall and scatter my blessings everywhere.

"I'm so sorry, oh it's you Nova."

I internally groaned at myself for not watching. Now I would have to talk to Rowan.

"Oh....hey, you know I should probably get going, important errands you know."

He started helping me pick up the blessings. His blonde curls fell in his model like face and he brushed them away only for them to fall back and cover his eyes once again.

"Baby names? Hmm, really important. Don't tell me your trying to avoid me again."

"What? Of course not" He chuckled at my response, his voice reverberated in my ears calling me to pay attention but I pushed the toxic desire away.

Ok, maybe I was trying to avoid him, but what else was I supposed to do, he's my feather pair. Sometimes when an angel is born it is decided at birth who the angel would someday marry. That is the case with me and Rowan is my feather pair. I'm just trying to put off our engagement for as long as possible. I can't bring it in myself to reject him and break our pairing.

I watched as a group of gorgeous angels passed by and started smiling waving and blowing kisses at Rowan. Rowan could turn a straight guy gay. He turned to them and blew them a single kiss back. They all chattered excitedly at his attention, I'm fairly sure I saw one of them faint. Rowan is such a playboy, I wouldn't be surprised if he's hooked up with every single one of them. He turned back to me flashing one of his award winning smiles.

"Then you wouldn't object to dinner tonight after your oh so 'important' messages" he smirked at me.

"Um, actually I have no idea how long this will take, probably all day, I wouldn't want you waiting up for me."

"Oh I don't mind, once you get back meet me at the wishing well and I will take you to lunch or dinner or a midnight snack if I have to."

Dang it, he really is persistent.

"Ok, once I get back" all of the girls standing nearby glared at me. I'll probably just have to conveniently forget that I promised to meet him. Now I know what your thinking, she's so rude, but I can't help it I don't know what the saints were thinking when they paired me with him.

"I knew you would come to your senses" he smirked triumphantly. I rolled my eyes, his narcissistic personality was starting to get under my skin.

"Until then, Nova" Rowan pronounced dramatically while kneeling in front of me. He then did the unthinkable and took my hand in his and kissed it. He freaking kissed my hand! Who did this guy think he was? Prince charming?

"Yup" I popped the 'p' and walked away awkwardly.

On my way to the gates of heaven I passed by Delilah's bakery and couldn't help myself so I took out a silver coin and got a warm cinnamon roll which tasted divine.

"There you are Nova, what took you so long." St. Peter scolded me over tardiness. A group of girls my age passed by me and giggled when they saw the simplicity of my bags content. I could feel the heat creep up to my cheeks as the blonde in the front flicked her blonde curls over her shoulder and let out a bubble of musical laughter.

"Nova, pay attention. Each of these blessings have an address which you wi-"

"I know how to deliver messages"

"Do not interupt your elders, as I was saying you will take them and plant the blessings in the mortals hearts. Under no circumstances will you speak or come into contact with any of them."

"Yes sir" I turned around to get it over with.

"And Nova"

"Yes, St. Peter?"

"No dancing" I nodded my head sadly and internally groaned.

He finally let me go and I rushed to the gates so know one else would see my carrier bag full of baby names.

I got there with no further interruptions and I let out a deep breath I hadn't realized I'd been holding. I glided through the gates and walked over to the edge of the clouds. Looking over the edge at the unimaginable depth of the sky beneath me. Let's just get this over with.