21. Doctor Strange

"Ha! I win again!" Colt floated with both arms raised in triumph.

"You cheated!"

"Did not"

"Did too"

"Did not"

"Yes you did" I stuck my tongue out at him and pouted. We were playing go fish and he had won seven times in a row. I am convinced he is cheating, maybe he is using some type of wolfy sense or something. He laughed at my response to my seventh loss. James sat on a chair by my bed with an amused expression slightly creeping onto his face.

Killian was gone for the day on another one of his 'business trips'. I had a skyrocketing fever yet I was bundled in a million blankets because I was shivering like crazy. The moment Killian had let go of me this morning my shivering had come back with a vengeance. We've been playing card games and board games all morning and my two maids have kept food, water, and anything else I might need beside me all day.

"Let's play a different game, preferably one I can win at"

As they set up the board for monopoly I started thinking about Killian and our complicated relationship. He acted like he cares for me but at the same time he sometimes treats me like just a pet. I don't know why but I no longer care about the burning whip. I'm not staying around here because of my fear. I'm starting to feel comfortable here in my new home. I'm starting to feel like I might just....no that couldn't be. I'm an angel and he's the devil. Not only is that absolutely forbidden, but I don't think the Devil is even capable of a feeling such as....love.

Three hours later I was once again defeated by Colt. I had come to realize that no matter how hard I try I will never be able to beat Colt at any board game or card game. As the monopoly king himself was doing his victory dance around my room suddenly the boadd and all the pieces were flung from the bed onto the floor. Instead, sitting there was the beautiful hellhound, Athena. Immediately I knew that the Devil was home.

I sprang from the bed, clumsily shaking all of the blankets from my body leaving me in thick sweats and an overly large hoodie. I sprinted through the door and down the hallway toward the front door. My shivering consumed my body even worse now that the blankets were no longer there for the little amount of comfort they provided. I came to a halt when I reached the entrance hall. There he was stading tall and strikingly handsome in his pitch black suit with a red button up shirt underneath. I looked at him and knew that it didn't matter what anybody else thought or any rumors flying around heaven. I love Killian.

At that moment my body burned with searing heat. I gasped in pain and started ripping at my clothes trying to get them off. Killians face filled with shock and worry as I fell to the floor gasping for breath.

"Get....it...off" I barely forced out still trying to get the hoodie from my body.

He rushed to my side and extended a claw, slicing the material from my back. I cried out in pain as my wings burst forth from my back. It felt like poison was leaking into my wings from where there were connected to my back. Another wave of pain racked my body as I felt like I had been stabbed where my brand was. Killian pulled me to him and held me close as I writhed in pain.

Finally the pain subsided and all that could be heard was my deep labored breathing. Killians hand slowly stroked the back of my thigh comfortingly.

"What happened?" He looked at me with worry etched in his face. Then as he looked over my back I saw that worry turn to surprise and something else, maybe fear?"No"

"What? What is it, Killian?" He picked me up with my legs wrapped around him and carried me into the closest guest room. He moved in front of a mirror.