18. Knight in Shining Armour

I didn't see Killian again for the next week. I was told he had gone on a business trip, though I didn't quite think it was that simple. My back was slowly starting to heal but the dragon brand stayed as deep and bold as ever. Most nights I could barely sleep because of the overwhelming pain that my wounds brought me and most days I just stayed in bed with Mary and Jane spoiling me. I told them they could relax and not to worry about me but they refused to leave my side. They both felt really guilty at taking away the rest of my clothes and not standing up for me. They wouldn't allow me to move except for going to the bathroom. For some reason Colt was still hanging around, I don't know how he got the permission from his alpha since he was the beta of the pack.

I was starting to get cabin fever. All I really wanted to do is go outside but the two girls wouldn't have any of it. Finally James convinced the two of them to allow me to take a shower, change, and go outside, but only with both of the girls there to watch over me.

I finally made it outside. Fresh air filled my lungs and pleased my senses with a flowery scent. I was wearing a white flowy sundress that dropped to my mid thigh. I slowly walked around the beautiful garden and admired all of the glorious flowers. Then I realized, arent we in hell? Why is it so sunny and bright and beautiful if we are in hell? I voiced my question to Mary and Jane.

"Though he is the devil it doesn't mean that master Killian wants to live in such a dark place. There is an extra level between earth and hell that still belongs to him, this is it." Jane explained.

"Do you think I'll ever be able to return home?"

When I didn't here an answer I looked back to find that their eyes had glazed over. As I was about to walk over they snapped back to their senses."We must go but sit right here and do not move."

I sat down on the stone bench, thoroughly confused. I was thinking so deeply over what had just occured that I almost missed the soft calling of my name."Nova?...Nova?..."

"Hello? I'm over here."

I never expected the person who came around the corner. Sitting there speechless I stared at Rowan in shock.
"Nova? Is that really you?"

He strode toward me with quick confident steps. I stood up to meet him. He seemed like he was about to hug me and then thought better of it. Instead he resorted to lightly grasping my hand in his own."I've finally found you? Now we can go home!"

I nearly followed him, ready to finally return to St. Paul and the rest of my angelic friends. Then I remembered what happened the last time I had tried to escape."...no"

He turned around to look at me, shocked at my response."what did you say?"

"No," my voice was a little stronger this time as I turned down his invitation of escape."I can't leave"

"But you can, I've come to rescue you, to be your knight in shining armour."

I looked to the soft grass as I shuffled my weight nervously between my to feet."I cannot leave"

"Don't be ridiculous, come on, this better not be about the argument we had, this is no time for that we can talk once we get to heaven."

He pulled my arm somewhat roughly causing my scabbing wounds to break open. I cried out in pain and fell to the ground as fresh blood began to wet my back. Rowan's eyes widened in surprise. Immediately he rushed to my side and surveyed the blood now soaking through the back of my once white dress. He ripped the back of my dress open revealing my open wounds. Rowan's face twisted into a mixture of anger and concern."what did he do to you?"

Tears now fell freely from my eyes."go, go without me, I cannot leave you must go before you are caught."

"No, no, it's ok, we'll just fly out of here and get you to the hospital."

A sob broke from my throat."I....I-I can not fly."

"Don't worry, I can get you out of here."

This can't happen, I cant have anyone else get hurt by my hands,"No! I will not leave, now go and never return!"

He stood confused for a moment,"surely you do not rea-"

"Yes I do! Now go!"

Rowan's face broke down in hurt at my rejection of his help. It seemed as if he might stay and try to convince me, but that is when he appeared.

Killian snapped into existence right between Rowan and I, causing Rowan to scramble back a few steps."I'll give you one chance and one chance only, Nova was a very good pet in rejecting your help to escape. Therefore I will allow you to leave here alive, but if I ever see you in any domain of mine again, your head will be severed from your body only after you have been tortured to my satisfaction. Now go and fly away pigeon, and tell the rest of your brood that Nova no longer needs help but is fine just where she is."

Rowan scrambled away as Killian glared harshly at his retreating figure. Once he was out of sight Killian turned back to me and crouched down in front of me. He tilted my chin up so that I looked into his eyes which were now a soft chocolate once again."my angel, you have done well today."

With that he lifted me from the ground with my legs wrapped around his torso and my head resting against his shoulder. He was careful not to touch my bloody back as he carried my into the house and to his room. Once there he set me back down on the bed.

"Lay down on your stomach."

I painfully laid down in the bed, wincing at every other movement. Once I had settled Killian hover over me. My muscles tensed half expecting more lashes for Rowan being here.

"Relax"

With that he opened the back of the dress, leaned forward, and ran his tongue over my back. I winced at first, thinking it would sting, but realized that instead it brought a soothing feeling to the burning areas. I moaned in relief from the pain as he slowly made his way up and down my back kissing and licking the blood off. He stopped all to soon and turned me so that my back was to the bed. Again I waited for the pain but it never came. I whipped up from my position on the bed and rushed into the bathroom. My once scarred and scabbing back was clear of any blemishes.

I walked back out of the bathroom, staring at Killian in awe. I had had no idea what all he was capable of. How many more hidden abilities did he possess?

"Let me make this clear" he spoke to me,"this is your reward for the good behavior you displayed in the garden for not trying to run away even though you thought I was absent from the house hold."

I nodded my head enthusiastically in response. He grinned at my infectious happiness at being rid of the pain that came with the wounds.

"come here" he called to me with open arms. I stepped into his arms and he lifted me up again the same way as before. This time though, when he laid me on the bed he hovered over me, covering me in gentle kisses. I sighed and closed my eyes slowly falling asleep now that the pain that had kept me awake at night for so long was gone.