31.

I moved swiftly, flying through the air at blinding speeds. I didn't know what I was searching for but I continued flying scanning the earth for something specific. I couldn't believe myself as I started raining down flames on towns and cities and forests. Bringing chaos wherever I went.

Finally I found it. It was a wide opening, a forest on one side and a cliff on the other. I landed yet did not retract my wings. I could sense them coming. The warriors, the people I had grown up with were coming to fight me. I pulled out two long thin sword I had not known I held at my waist. I raised my arms into the air and cried out something in a language I did not understand. I was confused at what was happening. Then I felt it, the ground rumbled in response and I watched as skeletons crawled their way to the surface. Each of them held weapons of their own.

Suddenly a league of angels appeared at the other end of the field. It looked like a battle from an Greek epic poem. The air was filled with silence as each side surveyed the other waiting for them to attack. Then my own voice pierced the air,"****"

The angels' voices joined my own cry as the two sides raced toward each other. The clash of metal filled the clearing and I rushed to my own opponent. It was a young boy, a new warrior. I had shared a class with him in my early years at the university. My inner self cried out in painful guilt as my physical body cut down the angel easily. I continued to cut down those I had known forever. My mind rushed with at each new death. The smell of blood floated to my nostrils. My body and my mind contradicted as my body smiled and my mind pulled back.

Then I felt his presence as he worked through the battle toward me. Rowan fought fiercely and crushed any skeleton that dared to approach him. I knew that he was trying to get to me, to finish the battle. I tried to call out to him, to warn him that he cannot defeat me. But instead of my came out as the ravoka's words in the form of a taunt as he finally reached me.

"You think you can defeat me?!" I sneered and laughed. "You have no chance, but come at me with your sword boy and let me show you what death tastes like."

He let loose a battle cry and charged at me taking a swipe that I easily deflected. "Is that all you have boy?"

I knew that Rowan had no chance against the ravoka. But this time instead of shrinking away due to the mental pain and guilt crushing me I took on a bold front. I used all the mental force I had and clashed against the ravoka's. It was an epic battle inside and out, with the distraction I caused inside Rowan was able to stay with my movements. It was a much fairer battle.

Finally it out swords clashed and held together each of us trying to force the other down."stupid boy, you will not win"

Instead of being affected by the words Rowan smiled."But I already have"

Suddenly I felt the cool sting of a blade cutting into my stomach. My eyes widen and the ravoka screeched in pain. With one final push I banished him from my mind.

I finally looked back at all the chaos I had caused as the blood dripped down my stomach. The skeletons fell into piles of bone and disintegrated back into the earth. Then my eyes met his and I realized what would happen.

When one pair feather is killed then the other dies with it. Unless of you had already rejected it as Gabriel had surely done to Aphrodite before her execution. As our gazes locked I saw the knowledge on his face as he gave me a pained smile.

'I'm so sorry' he mouthed to me.

I looked down and saw that on the exact same place as the blade had entered my skin a patch of blood decorated his own armor. My cry of horror filled the air as I slowly lost consciousness. I could barely here another cry join mine as I fell into darkness.