13. The Devil's Soft Side

Nova's dress at the party^

After a few minutes about ten men entered the room and settled themselves around the room. I recognized Colt, Severus, James, and an older man that Killian had been visiting with. Lastly Killian entered and sat in the arm chair I was positioned beside. Silence consumed the room until it was abruptly filled by the devil himself.

"Well, let's get on with it then, shall we?"

Then they started into a long, full mesting. I longed to go back out and dance but Killian brought me in here on purpose and I was afraid of what he'd do if I walked out. I slowly became tired as my drowsiness caught up to me. It must have been midnight and the meeting continued to drone on. When would it end?

---------------
Colt' s pov

The room became deadly silent as Nova once again yet out a big yawn, but this time she seemed to have dosed off and she lightly laid her head against Killian's leg. I as I'm sure everyone in the room waited with baited breath for him to kill her, slap her, or at least order her to leave the room. As we watched his face hardened as he felt the movement, but when he looked down he froze and his eyes softened. Slowly and carefully he reached his hand up and stroked her hair lightly. She stirred slightly, nuzzling closer to him. He suddenly cleared his throat and continued with the conversation still mindlessly stroking the little angel's hair. Though the meeting resumed nobody could keep there eyes off of the curious event for more than a second. He never showed affection to anybody, why would he do it now?

Once the meeting was concluded one by one everyone left the room. I stood and approached the devil.

"Don't turn into a softy on us now Killian." I laughed jokingly."I will see you later, I really would love to get to know your little angel a bit and that advisor of yours."

Killian definitely knew of my choice in partners, I am very open in that choice. He laughed,"I guess you'll have to visit me again soon."

I looked back one last time as I left the room at the sleeping angel resting against the devil himself.

-------------
Nova's pov

Something felt different as I slowly pulled myself out of the dark expanse of sleep. I was so warm and comfortable that I never wanted to move again. That is until I realized exactly why I was so warm and comfortable. I opened my eyes to find myself wrapped in Killians arms sleeping under the dark covers of an enormous bed. Once I fully understood what was going on I shreaked and jumped away from him and out of the bed. The sudden movement caused him to wake up.

"What the hell are you doing?" He mumbled sleepily.

I was shocked, no, outraged,"WHAT AM I DOING!?! WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?!"

"Calm down and get back in bed, remember. I own you."

"Nobody owns me, and I demand an explanation immediately."

"I do own you, and you don't need an explanation. I can call you to my bed anytime I want. Now get in if you want your present later." He grumbled, eyes still closed.

I huffed but moved back into the bed nonetheless. As I did I noticed that instead of my normal slip I had been changed into a pair of blue plaid pajama pants and a black t-shirt. Thank goodness for that.

Killian pulled me back into him and I thought he was asleep until he sighed and got up."can't you relax for once in your whole damn life."

I burrowed deeper into the covers, afraid of what he might do. Once again he sighed but this time it was softer."let's get you breakfast and then I'll give you your present."