24. Fallen Angel

We walked through the streets looking like any other human in town. This little nook I had found while giving away blessings had become a large and important part of my life. I looked over at Killian who simply wore jeans and a black t-shirt but somehow he still looked like a mythological greek god. Okay.....so maybe he didn't quite fit in with the crowd. With each girl that passed him and checked out his beautifully sculpted body I was barely able to hold back a growl from escaping my throat.

Finally we stepped into the adorable diner that now held a place in my heart. George rushed over to us and attacked me in a gigantic hug.

"I've missed you sooooo much!",she practically shouted. I motioned for her to quite down a bit.

"Oh sorry, but how is your grandmother?"

"Just fine, she's just been very lonely since losing my grandpa."

I had told my two friends here in Piece of Heaven that I would be going back up to New York again. After George was called to take care of another table I moved towards Mrs. Morrison's table. Killian shadowed me without a word, allowing me to take in the full experience without him getting in the way. The moment I saw him I gasped. That dark hair streaked with grey couldn't be anyone else. At the sound of my deep intake of breath the man turned towards me. He dropped the fork he had been holding and stood. We both rushed to each other, he picked me up and spun me around. I held on to St. Peter like he was my last breath. Finally we let go of each other.

"Oh darling, my Nova, how I've missed you" his eyes teared up as he took me in.

"Peter, its been so long, but don't worry I'm perfectly fine."

This is when he happened to notice Killian standing a bit away from our happy greeting. It seemed as if time had stopped, everyone in the room froze except me, Peter, and Killian. Peter jumped in front of me and spread his wings out wide as if to hide and protect me from Killian. Even though Peter was tense and on edge, Killian seemed relaxed and not worried about the situation whatsoever.

"Stay away from my little girl, you demon!" Peter practically spit out the words at him, but it did nothing to affect Killians nonchalant attitude.

"I am incredibly sorry sir, but I don't believe I can do that."

"And why not?"

"She belongs to me."

"Nova will never belong to the likes of you!"

Killian chuckled darkly. I couldn't help but be affected by it, the sound made me want to run over him and be tucked into his arms."then why don't you ask her yourself?"

His evil smirk gave away the fact that he knew all too well that I would choose him. Why would I choose him over the man who has taken care of me almost all my life? But even while asking myself that, I knew I would choose Killian. I didn't know how I knew but I just knew. I felt a tingling sensation crawl up my upper body and I knew that my ravoka making it's its way to my ear.

Hello, ssssweet, I ssssee that you are making a tough decissssion. Would you like my asssssisstance in thisss tassk of yourss?

Peter turned to me,"Nova? Will you come home with me? Where you belong."

Home? Didn't you just sssay that Killian'sss mansion wasss your home now?

"Peter, I'm sorry, but Killian's mansion is my home now."

Peter stared at me in shock,"Nova! Do you have any idea what you are saying?! He is the Devil, you can not trust him."

Why ssshouldn't you trusst Killian? Does he not provide for you food, comfort, happinessss? You belong with him. You loooove him.

"Peter, I can't go with you. I belong with Ki- him, I belong to him."

Goooood.

Peter's seemed to be crush at my words. He fell to his knees, his face contorted in pain. I rushed to his side, but he pushed me away just as I had done to him verbally.

"You have no idea what this means! You cannot be an angel and live with the devil at the same time."

I looked down in shame,"I know"

Peter sighed and gave up though his face was still twisted in agony and his eyes were filled with tears."then you also know what I must do."

He stood up and faced me. His posture  and voice was weak with sadness as if he was mourning my death instead of simply saying goodbye. It might as well be my death though. He would never again be able to see me and I would never again be able to enter heaven.

"Nova, I St. Peter of the twelve saints, now banish you from heaven and revoke your right to give or receive blessings" with that he ripped the wing necklace from around my neck. Even Killian had not dared to remove my necklace. It symbolizes my part in the angelic society and my promise to live and care for others around me. By the look on Peter's face I knew that he had felt the absence my missing link created. When someone is removed from the link everyone can feel it.

He took my face in his hands and kissed either of my cheeks. Pulling me into a right hug he whispered in my ear,"Goodbye, Nova"

He let go of me and exited the building. I rushed to the window in time to see him disappear into the clouds in a flurry of broad pure white wings. The moment I could know longer see him everything resumed as it had been. As if nothing had just happened. People chatted and laughed with one another, but my heart was sore and hollow with the loss of my family.

Killian walked up behind me and turned me to face him. He held my face in his hands and used his thumb to wipe away a tear I did not know I had. I clung onto him and cried into his chest as he held me tight. We were attracting attention but I didn't care. I had just rejected my only family.

"Why don't we go home?" Killian said this softly as if I would break if he spoke to loud. I'm afraid he was right, I was teetering on the edge of insanity. I was no longer an angel, I was no longer the biggest part of who I am. So who am I? What am I?
___________

We returned to the mansion and Killian laid me down on my bed."just get some rest, angel."

"Don't ever call me that again."

"What? Angel?"

"I am not an angel, I will never again be an angel. I don't know what I am."

He crawled into the bed next to me carefully as not to brake my fragile form. Pulling me close he spoke in my ear,"darling, you are my fallen angel"