20. Ocean

I still couldn't understand how we had been in another realm and yet reach a human beach by car, but I casted it out of my mind as the ocean came into sight. I couldn't take my eyes off of the endless rolling waves. It looked perfect and I couldn't wait to get in and feel it rush over my body. I've always loved the ocean, anytime me and St. Peter would go on a trip to earth he would take me to an ocean.

We parked and shuffled through the sand to lay our towels on the beach. I swear I could feel eyes on me but everytime I looked back no one was looking. Slipped from my sandles pulled my navy cover from my body. As I set the fabrid onto my towel I felt that same feeling of being watched again. This time when I looked behind me I saw a group of young men showering me with lustful gazes. Killian stepped up beside me and looped his arm around my waist and glared at the boys threatening.

"Calm down, they didn't do anything wrong."

"They shouldn't be looking at you like that, your mine." As he said this he ran his other hand over the dragon brand he had given me.

I rolled my eyes in reaction and stepped away to put my sunscreen on. But as I picked up the bottle I was roughly turned back around to face Killian again.

"Your mine, say it"

"Killian" I glanced around, embarrassed about the situation.

He lifted me in his arms so that my legs wrapped around his bare torso.

"Say. It."

I looked up to meet his eyes and found that instead of the fiery glow I expected his eyes were brown and warm.

"I'm your's"

He smiled and kissed my lips gently placing me back on the sand. He took the sunscreen bottle from my hand and covered my body, causing shivers of pleasure to course over my skin. Finally he took my hand and led me down to the water where the others were already waiting.

As we got close I was suddenly pushed into the water completely soaked from the fall. Killian looked down at with mischeif glinting in his eyes. He held his hand out to help me up, I grinned this was just to easy. Taking his hand instead of pulling myself up I try to pull him down with me. Instead of him landing in the water with me he let go of my hand causing me to plop back under again. His deep chuckle lit up my mind with its gorgeous tone. All I wanted to do was make him laugh again.

I had never seen Jane and Mary as happy as when they were splashing about in the waves. Their laughter filled the air in bubbles of glee. Only a little while later two guys approached them. They started giggling as the boys flirted openly with them. It made me happy to see them so outgoing instead of shrinking away from other people.

I strode up the beach to our towels to prepare the picnic we had brought while the others continued swimming. I didn't notice the presence next to me until he spoke. "Hey babe, you know I have a car and we can get out of here and put that tight little body to good use."

He winked at me and took in my exposed body with his eyes. I felt dirty as he looked at me that way."no thank you, I belong to someone else."

"And I have a semester test coming up."

"What?"

"Oh, I thought we were naming things we could cheat on."

I gasped in response and backed away from him as he took a step towards me."you don't have to be afraid, baby doll, I can give you all the pleasure in the world."

He stepped forward and grabbed my arm pulling me against his chest. I struggled to free myself from his tight grasp on my arm. I squealed in fright as he leaned down to close his lips over mine.

One moment he was there and in the other he was sprawled on the sand with blood appearing from a claw mark spread across his face. Killian stood between the boy and I. His skin was burning and claws were extended from his finger tips. Though I could not see his face I knew that his eyes would be alight. He stepped forward and pulled the boy up to a kneeling position by his neck. The young man screamed in pain as Killian's boiling skin burned his own.

"Any last words, you cowardly bastard"

As he was about to make the blow that would surely kill the boy I couldn't help it any longer."NO!"

I ran up to him and hugged him from behind. His shoulders tensed and he turned to face me."and may I ask why I shouldn't?"

His eyes were narrowed in accusation and I knew he was envious of my resolve to save the boy."b-because if he dies his blood will be on my hands"

"No, I'll be the one to kill him, you don't need to worry about it"

"But I'm the one who tempted him with this blasted bathingsuit"

He growled in response but I could see his stubbornness falter as he glanced over my seductive apparel and saw my proven point.

"Please, just leave him with that scar, that will be enough for him to know never to mess with another man's woman again." I folded my hands and gave him a pouty face.

When he still glared at the boy tensed to kill I knew I had to take it farther. I kneeled between the boy and him and looked up at him with pleading eyes.
"For my sake, have mercy. I could never forgive myself if he died."

His resolve broke down as his skin cooled to it's noreal color and his claws retracted. He looked at the boy giving him one more threatening glare."Go."

The young man's breath hitched as he scrambled away in fear. Killian knelt down in front of me so that we were closer in heighth, though he still towered over me. "Why must you have such a good heart?"

I leaned forward and wrapped my arms around his warm, bare torso as I laid my head against his chest. I changed the subject to that of our surroundings."how is it that no one else is screaming and running for their lives?"

He chuckled,"I hid us from their sight using a deceptive mist."

"Oh...why don't we get the food out."

The others joined us at the towels completely unaware of the scene a moment ago. We enjoyed the meal that Monsieur Hugo had prepared for us. After we finished I leaned against Killian who was sitting next to me. He looked down at me with concern in his soft eyes.

"Are you feeling well?"

"I'm fine, a little bit tired, do you think we could go back home?"

"Home?"

"Yeah, I'm just ready to get back to the mansion, maybe lay down."

A satisfied smile crept onto his face as he replied to me."of course, angel, we can go home."

He stood and picked me up in his arms bridal style. I rested my head against his broad, bare chest and couldn't help but admire the smooth planes of his pectoral Muscles. He set me in the passenger seat of the keep before walking around and taking his place as driver.

Soon we arrived back at the mansion and once again he carried me into the castle bridal style. By this time I was shivering, even with his heat against me. Instead of going to my room we went directly to his. Jane and Mary brought me shorts and a t-shirt which I changed into. Killian tucked me into the bed before leaving me to go take a shower and change. I laid shivering in the bed. I felt cold all over and my entire body ached. Suddenly all of that seemed to disappear as the bed dipped and I felt myself pulled into Killians arms. My body fit perfectly with his as if we were two puzzle pieces. Our torsos were pressed together his right arm wrapped underneath me and resting on my left hip while his left hand was set against my thigh. His leg was tucked between mine. The cold and pain melted away as the familiarity of his heat sank into my skin. He kissed my hair and silence enveloped the room as I slowly drifted into sleep.