30.

When I came back into consciousness the next morning I sighed in relief that the rescue had not simply been a dream. Seeing that I was awake Jane and Mary both jumped into the bed and pulled me into a group hug. They didn't seem to care that I was covered in blood and grime. Finally they pulled away and looked at me smiling. Both of the front of their blouses were smudged with the grossness that came from me. They both giggled despite that fact.

"Come on, let's get you cleaned up" The way they spoke in unison was somewhat creepy but not near as creepy as the she-demon that had helped to capture me.

When I had finally been washed and dressed properly in a white sundress they led me down the corridors toward the throne room. I had not been in this room many times during my stay here. They had me wait as they mocked on the door three times. Each pound was loud and resonated down the hall. The double doors were open in admittance. I was confused by the formal setting as I saw Killian sitting upon his dark throne with archangel Gabriel standing to his left. St. Peter was even there standing to the side of the room, a hopeful smile set on his face.

"Nova, please come forward"

I did as I was told though I glanced around the room suspiciously. As I stopped before the raised throne Killian stood. He looked so mighty and important I barely kept from shrinking away from his overwhelming power."Nova, I am now allowing you to return to your home. Where you belong"

My eyebrows furrowed,"but I am home"

His face remained a blank mask.

"Kil-"

"You will be returning to heaven" he cut me off.

"What?! No! My home is here, I belong her. Killian, there's something I need to tell you"

"Nova, you need to go home, your judgement has been clouded by this recent trauma."

"No Killian, listen to me!" I knelt down in front of him."I love you"

I could see a burst of pain flash across his before it was once again a blank mask."well I am sorry to inform you that I do not return the sentiment. A demon like myself is not capable of such emotions."

My jaw dropped, I had been so sure that he felt the same. "Bu-"

"DON'T YOU GET IT!!!" He yelled at me."I tricked you! I played with your emotions as I would a human to get what I wanted! I have no more use for you and you are becoming to burdensome. I need a new pet."

I stood and backed away from the throne. I saw nothing else but the face of the man who had betrayed me. I had fallen in love with a monster. How could I be son naive? Why did I ever trust the Devil?

I ran out of the room, tears filling my eyes. I could barely here the sounds of people calling my name. It didn't matter, Killian's voice wasn't one of them. He wasn't going to come to me and tell me it was all some cruel joke. That he really did love me.

I found myself in the garden and I collapsed in the grass sobbing. Then I felt the now familiar tickling of my ravoka climbing up my side.

How ssssad, I am sssooo ssorry for the way he had treated you. But I know ssssomething that will make it all better.

I sniffled and wiped some of my tears from my face and looked up at his smoky figure lying on the grass beside me,"w-what?"

All you have to do isss let me take control. You will feel no pain even the pain of a broken heart. I will jusst ssshow them that you are not hurting that you never truly loved him anyway.

"B-but I did"

Sssshhh, they needn't know that. Killian will regret passssing you by like that, once he sssees how independent you are.

I nod starting to understand. If I simply let him take control of my body for a while it would look like I no longer cared, like I never actually loved him either. He promised that the pain in my heart would go away and I wanted that desperately.

"Do it." I opened the door to his presence in my mind. The moment he was inside I regretted my choice. I knew that he had tricked me as well. His serpent like laughter filled the recesses of my mind. My own consciousness was pushed back from control and I could simply watch as he bended my body to his own will.
_________________________

The ravoka stood and I clutched at my inner self though my outer body just stood triumphantly. Not only had he lied about what he would do but also my pain did not go away. Instead another pain was added. My skin burned as I took on a transformation.

As the burning ceased I looked back at my spread wings to find that they were now completely black and tipped with flames. My body now was clothed in a dark flaming dress. My claws were fully extended and my skin had turned to the color of ash. I moved to the small fountain and looked in. I found that instead of my hair simply having the color of fire it was consumed by it, though it did not burn. My lips were the shade of blood. But out of all my changed features my eyes are what horrified me the most. They were dark and emotionless. The now dark grey iris consumed almost all of the eye while the pupils were now shaped somewhat like a cats but with a ring of dark red around them. I looked like a monster and that was what I now was.

"I like it" it was my voice that spoke yet I had not said those words. The Ravoka had ensnared my entire being. Anything I did from now on were not by my hands but by the one who controlled me. All I could do was look on as he caused destruction.

I looked up and saw that St. Peter had come, probably to comfort me. I tried to shout for him to run, but no sound came out. Instead an evil chuckle filled the air. I watched as Peter took in my new appearance. His eyes widened but he could do nothing as I leapt from the ground into the air. Flapping my dark, fiery wings.