26. Sugar? Yes Please

Thank you PseudoCorpse, 21WhiteFlower, Unipotato456, and laurenanime11. You all have been super great while I've been writing this💕. Readers! Remember to vote and comment! I am now up for any suggestions for upcoming scenes or additions to the earlier parts of the book😊
______________________________________

I was afraid to open my wings because I knew, I just knew that the poisoness looking blackness would have spread farther across my wings.

"What's the matter, Nova?" Jane and Mary were at my side in a second when they saw my distressed expression.

"N-nothing I'm fine, maybe I just need something to eat."

They both hurried to get me something to eat.

"Come on, Nova! Just look! It couldn't be that bad, it may not have spread at all." I gave myself a pep talk, trying to work up the courage to survey my wings.

"What are you looking at?" Killian appeared in the doorway, leaning against the doorway casually.

I couldn't help but stare at him in awe. His perfect appearance just begged for me to go to him and give him everything I have. That's probably one of the reasons he can so easily get people to sell their souls away.

"N-nothing"

"Is it your wings?"

How could he so easily guess what's on my mind? My eyes dropped to the floor and a nodded my head.

"Come here" despite his words, instead of me going to him he came over to me and sat on the bed across from me."turn around"

I did as I was told and turned around so that my back was facing him. Before I knew it, the back of my shirt was ripped in half to reveal my back. How many shirts would this guy ruin?

"Open your wings"

"Bu-"

"No buts, open them."

I sighed but spread my wings wide. I closed my eyes so I cannot see the damage. The moment I heard him let loose a sad breath I knew it was as I feared. Opening my eyes, I looked back and saw that my wings almost completely consumed by the pitch black color only leaving the tips of each wing white. A sob escaped my throat before I could shove it away.

"It doesn't change anything." Killian turned around and pushed me back onto the bed, my wings still spread out.

"Your wings are absolutely beautiful the way they are."

With that his lips crashed down on mine in a flurry of passion. I had no idea where this kiss came from but I welcomed it. I wrapped my legs up around his waist, pulling him closer to me. He trailed heated kisses down my neck. All I could do was cling to him and try not to cry for my blackened wings. Killian bit down sharply just above my collarbone. I took in a deep breath causing my chest to rise and fall. He moved his attack back to my lips and continued his assault.

Two high shrieks pierced the air. The sound notified us that our intruders were Jane and Mary, probably bringing my food.

"I-w-we're sorry, oh my Saints, we didn't know" the flustered pair started to back out of the room but before they could I raised a hand and shouted for them

"WAIT! It's fine, did you bring food?"

They both nodded shyly, trying to avoid eye contact with me or Killian. The devil chuckled, the sound was husky and intoxicating."only you would think of food at a time like this, Nova"

Everybody burst into laughter, breaking the awkward atmosphere. I motioned for them to come over. They brought over an entire pizza. They know me so well. Despite my invitations they left the room, leaving Killian and I alone.

The pizza was laid on a table beside the bed. Killian grabbed a piece and held it out for me. I took it and bit into it. It was amazing, I would have to compliment Hugo on his fine work later. I was shocked out of my thoughts when Killian took a bite out of MY piece of pizza. Hovered over me dangerously, forcing me to lie back down on the bed. No words were exchanged only his lustful fiery eyes slicing into my own flustered blue ones. I took a bite of my pizza as he took a bite from the opposite side. He maintained eye contact the entire time. The whole situation caused me to squirm where I lay until he placed a powerful hand on the middle of my stomach causing me to still my movement.

All the pent up nerves were for nothing, he collapsed next to me on the bed and laid down behind me. We both continued eating the pizza in a comfortable, relaxed silence. When we finished, as if on order, the girls came in carrying a dish. When they placed it on the table I saw that it contained strawberries and a bowl of sugar. Killian started to reach for one but I felt a burst of boldness and stopped him. Instead I moved so that I straddled his stomach. He looked very amused with my new forwardness.

"Close your eyes" I said softly so that I would not ruin the mood. He did as I said and I grabbed the bowl of sugar from the platter. I licked my lips before lowering them into the bowl. My lips came out of the bowl covered in sugar. Taking one of the strawberries moved it to Killian's mouth. He took a bite, his amused smile turned into a confused expression at the strawberry's lack of sugar. Then lowered my own lips to his. His eyes shot open, instantly I found myself underneath him. He kissed my sweetened lips with fervor, his tongue darting out to taste the sugar. Our mouths were then filled with the sweet substance. His eyes were ablaze as he pulled away.

We entered back into a liplock only to be separated when Killian suddenly pulled away with an annoyed growl. "I have to go, someone is in need of assistance."

He seemed frustrated as he fixed his disheveled appearance and stormed from the room.

I laid back down on the bed and sighed. I didn't know how I'd ever fall asleep after that. My blood was pumping through my veins at an alarming rate and my pulse raced. I looked up at the ceiling as I tried my best to fall asleep.