Chapter 4: Negan & the Drink

Did he really just say that? Did this murdering, villainous, psychotic man just ask me to invite him into my home for a drink? This had to be some kind of cruel joke. I could barely stand to be near this man, how would I be able to have him over for a drink?

"I would, but I'm probably short on supply, since-" My eyes drift over to where his men are carrying boxes on boxes out of my dwelling, "Well, you know, how your men are taking everything away from us."

His eyes held an amused but taunting look, "Well sweetheart, I'm sure I can grab us a bottle of something" he casually slings an arm around me, leading me down the road. I wanted to slap his arm off of me and shoot him in the foot for calling me 'sweetheart', but I couldn't. That's what sucked most about this guy having all the power.

"Which one is your house darlin'? Negan asks and I point towards the towering white one at the corner of the block. Sasha and I shared this house together, but since she was off with Maggie it was just mine for a little. Yet, I couldn't draw attention to the fact Sasha wasn't here because that would lead Negan to question her whereabouts. And we did not need him finding out Maggie was still alive. 

"Negan!" one of his men exclaims upon our arrival, it turned out to be the one from earlier, Phil, "Almost done with this place, then we're heading next door, didn't take all that much, not much but crap in here."

I snorted at him, "Yeah perhaps to you it's crap, for me it's all I got." 

Phil looked from Negan, to me, back to Negan. 

"What's with her?" Phil asks, if I wasn't right there, "She disrespect you or somethin'?" 

I unintentionally rolled my eyes at Phil, the fact he was all concerned if I had disrespected his master or not, it was pathetic really. 

"No, none of that Phil," Negan patted my shoulder with his hand, "Just two new friends, sitting down for a drink."

Friends? What kind of alternate universe would he and I EVER be friends?

"Aren't you going to invite me inside, Mia?" 

The way he said my name as if he was dissecting it, looking for a way to say it and completely get under my skin. 

I bit my tongue from saying anything smart at him.

"Yeah sure, come on in" I allowed him into my home, but stepping into it was like stepping into someone else's home. The walls were bare of everything but the nails where pictures used to cover, almost every piece of furniture was gone except a small couch, and the entirety of my kitchen had been completely turned upside down. I didn't even want to go upstairs. 

"Didn't take a lot my ass" I say under my breath.

"Phew" Negan whistled as he stepped into my home, his leather boots making the wooden floorboards creak, "These old house sure are a beauty." 

There's silence as he glances around the lilac colored room, or rather the bareness of the lilac colored room. 

"You'll have to forgive my men, they only want to provide me with all the best," he picks a book off my shelf, flipping through the pages. 

His eyes fell to where I stood, watching him from the side with my arms crossed. His face upturned into another satisfied grin, "But, isn't that what you should all want to provide me with?" he steps towards me, "the absolute best." 

No.

"Isn't that what I deserve, Mia?" his hand raises and at first I fear he's going to slap me, but he instead gently brings it down on my head, gently caressing my face.