Chapter 8: The Grand Tour

"You're not Rick's anymore Mia, you're mine now."

It had been hours since I last saw that psychotic man, but Negan's words still replayed over and over in my head like a broken recorder. It was a continuous, haunting cycle of words. I'm not sure what scared me more, the fact that Negan had possessively called me his or the fact I might never actually get out of this place now. At first, I assumed he was just using me to spite Rick, in a couple of weeks time I would be returned to them safe and sound. But now...well who knew what the hell was going to happen now.

Negan was attracted to me, now that really scared the shit out of me. The psychotic bastard who bashed both Abe and Glenn's heads in without a second thought was captivated by me. Which meant he wanted something out of me, affection in return. Was I actually going to be able to give that to him? I mean, we could reject Negan and risk getting killed. Or, we could go along with it all. That didn't mean I had to act like I was completely in love with him, but I could actually smile at him here and there.

I cringed thinking about even offering him a smile.

Don't get me wrong, Negan was an extremely attractive man. I mean, a man capable of pulling off facial hair was always one of weaknesses and boy did he ever pull it off. His smile, though manipulative was also kind of enticing. There was also something about his eyes...I knew nothing but evil was hiding within those soft brown orbs, but that made them all the more alluring. Now don't even get me started on his body, I guess bat swinging really worked out the biceps.

That was a horrible thing to say, I hate myself.

I let out a sigh, rolling over in the bed I was given to sleep in. I had been awake for hours now, my ability to sleep soundly was taken when I was brought here. I knew I wouldn't be getting any goodnight sleeps for a while. My anxiety would make sure of that.

The room Negan had provided me with was actually quite nice. A small bed was placed in the corner of the room, a cabinet for whatever belongings I had, which were nothing, and a book shelf with a couple books crookedly placed upon it. I hadn't even taken the time to sift through them yet, when I was brought in here last night I curled up in my bed and went to sleep. In hopes that when I woke up it would all be a wretched nightmare and I'd be in my simple twin bed back at Alexandria.

But it wasn't a nightmare and I was still here.

The morning light was beginning to seep through the window, and yes I had already tried the windows, they were tightly locked down. Who knew what today was going to hold. Perhaps it would be an exciting day of new experiences. Maybe it would be a day full of hell.

Most likely the latter.

There was a booming knock on my door, followed by another in a rhythmic manner. The door began slowly opening, pushing myself up in bed to focus on whoever was entering my room.

His grinning face came into view, "Goodmorning sleepyhead," he greeted me, pushing the door open so he could step in, "Hope I did not disrupt you from your slumber."

Negan was clothed in the same old dark leather jacket, Lucille hung over his shoulder and a never-ending smile upon his visage. I remained silent as he crossed over to the room, dropping Lucille on the cabinet and heading towards the windows. In one swift motion he peels back the curtains, allowing the light to flood in to my room.

I squint, my eyes trying to adapt to the sudden brightness. The foot of my bed sinks in and I open my eyes to find Negan adjusting himself at the edge of the bed.

"You sleep alrigh'?"

He turns to me, expecting an answer.

"More or less" I mutter, not wanting to reveal the actual truth that I most likely got an hour, if even that.