Chapter 9: Every Dog has its Day

Continuing down the winding concrete halls, the only sound audible was Negans eerie whistle as he progressed with the tour. About ten minutes had rolled by and he had yet to speak another word since our odd moment. I personally felt quite violated, how dare he just force his lips on mine like that?

It was revolting. 

Though it really wasn't that bad of a kiss...no, nope it was definitely revolting. 

"Ahh Dwight" Negan greets the man as we come around the corner, sure enough there stood the man himself. He held a plate in his hand of what appeared to be a couple pieces of bread with some sort of meat in between the slices.

"What are you up to my man?" He questions him, examining the sandwich in his hands, "Lunch time already?" He chuckled, knowing whatever in Dwight's hand wasn't for him.

He shakes his head, "Found some dog food in the back, figured I'd run into town later with a couple of guys and find some more."

I wanted to cram that dog food sandwich down Dwight's throat. I was so aggravated with how they treated Daryl compared to me.  

"Perfect!" Negan swung an arm across my shoulder, the leather smell wafting in my face, "We'll come with you."

"What?" Dwight and I question aloud at the same time.

I thought I was Negan's prisoner, why was he taking me out with him? 

"With all do respect, why do you want to come out with us, typically you hate doing raids?" Dwight wondered. 

"Don't question me Dwight, just have the usual group ready to go in an hour."

Dwight nodded, keeping his mouth shut.

"Let me give this to Daryl and I'll go get things set."

He shuffled past me, opening the door that I was standing next to.

"Come on Mia, let's finish the tour before we head out."

Negan placed a hand on my middle back, pulling me away from Daryl and Dwight. I couldn't resist the urge to peer over my shoulder as Negan pulled me away, only to be enraged at what I saw. Daryl laid on the floor, sweating, terrified, and completely naked. Dwight handed him the sandwich and Daryl snapped it out of his hands, ravenously eating it. I couldn't quite believe that this was the treatment that he was receiving. I shouldn't have expected anything more from Negan though, in fact, I was lucky Daryl was still alive.

Daryl's eyes peered up just long enough for us to make brief eye contact, right before Negan pulled me around the corner. It was then that I remembered Negan had his arm on me, as if I was his. Which I most certainly wasn't. But with no explanation, oh the how little Daryl must think of me now.

Negan took me through various other parts of the sanctuary like where to get food, showed off his men and women slaving for him, introduced me to a couple of his top guys - all that fun stuff. By the time the tour wrapped up, Dwight had already round up everything and was ready to head out.

"Get on in there Mia," Negan commanded me, directing me towards the van. 

I obliged, climbing into the van alongside a guy I had briefly met, Simon.

Negan didn't follow me though, he was busy talking to a couple of guys carrying rifles. My guess was he was instructing them for something or other, but it wasn't my business so I diverted my attention.

"This is too weird" Simon chuckled, glancing at me. 

"What's weird?" I question.

"That you're coming with us, or that Negan is for the matter, he never comes on these things and to bring a guest along" he pauses to shake his head in wonder, "It's just weird."