Chapter 1

Heyyyy
Quick promo, my new book 'The Arrangement' is being updated currently, I'm super excited to get it out there so check it out, it would mean the world.
Thanks guys xx

Everything went still. I stared down the hallway of Mystic Falls high school at an incredibly handsome man. He had brown hair and green eyes and a very toned body that showed through his white shirt.

He stared at me, a smile creeping up on his attractive face as he nods at me. The bell rings, snapping me out of my trance. I reluctantly turn and leave, heading to my first class.

I am Corey, Elena's twin sister. We look exactly the same, even down to the dead straight, brown hair. I try and curl my hair as much as possible so I don't look like her, but I don't always get time. Even before our parents died, she got everything she wanted and I was left behind in the dirt.

I am the quiet girl, the one with limited friends and I think that nobody would ever see me any other way. I wear mainly black and I'm pretty sure everyone sees me as the typical emo girl. Well, I guess that is right because I listen to bands like Silverstein, I See Stars, Slipknot, Parkway Drive and Famous Last Words. And they are just to name my favourite bands.

I am closer to Jeremy than Elena, though, which I guess is a plus. But Elena has Bonnie, Caroline, Matt and Tyler. I don't really have many friends, thanks to my twin. Knowing my luck, she would even take the new, sexy guy at school.

I sit in my usual seat at the back of the maths classroom. The handsome guy from earlier sits next to me

"Hello" he nods smiling at me, his kind green eyes shimmering at me.

"Hi" I dipped my head down shyly, not able to keep eye contact with him.

"I'm Stefan" He smiled at me, "It's really nice to meet you, what's your name?"

"I'm Corey," I smiled, tapping my pen nervously on the desk. Usually in these sorts of situations I get really jittery and I can't control what I say. This often ends in me saying something stupid.

"Y-Your eyes a-are pretty." I murmured nervously, my eyes flickering all over the classroom that was filling quickly.

Luckily Stefan just chuckled and said, "I think you are very pretty too."

I giggled, tucking my hair behind my ear and blushed like an idiot.

Our happy moment where we stared into each-other's eyes and grinned was short lived. Elena walked into the room and scowled at me angrily. She wanted Stefan, and she gets what she wants.

"Hi, I'm Elena." She flirted, leaning onto Stefan's desk, showing off her cleavage.

"I'm Stefan, are you Corey's twin?" He asked, captivated by our similarities.

"We are, do you have any siblings?" Elena giggles, flicking her hair around and staring at him with her pretty eyes.

Stefan was about to answer when our teacher came in, and started waffling on about something. I began daydreaming. I knew Elena didn't want me to be happy. I looked over at her, she was sitting on the other side of Stefan. He was laughing at what she was saying and she was flirting with him like they were already a couple. I sighed and shook my head. Love sucks.

We got out of school and I trudged home grumpily. I didn't have a car and I didn't want to ride in Elena's. Yes, surprise, surprise, she gets the car and I don't. I was untangling my earphones and I heard a noise in the bushes beside me. I turned my head quickly and looked into the mass of trees. Nothing.

I shrugged it off and continued my 30 minute walk home. I heard a whooshing noise behind me causing me to turn around. My heart started to pound and after I decided that there was nothing behind me I turned back around.

When I was facing the right way again and I felt like a smacked into a brick wall. I fell hard into the ground.

"Katherine..." The brick wall, I mean man that I bumped into, snarled at me.

I whimpered quietly, feeling a stinging pain in my hand. The tall, muscly man with gorgeous blue eyes and black hair looked seriously at me. He was staring into my eyes, but then his head snapped down to my hand.

I followed his gaze and saw that there was a slight trail of blood staining the pavement where I had fell and grazed my hand.

I shook my head vigorously, "I'm not Katherine" I choked.

The man's eyes grew dark and scary veins popped out from under them. He slowly walked closer to me, his gaze not straying from my wound. My chest was falling and rising quickly, fear rising slowly in me.

The man grabbed me by my shirt and pulled me up so I was standing. I started crying softly as the man brushed my hair out of my face, his fangs extended out of his mouth as he grabbed my hand and stared at the blood.

I pinched my eyes shut as the man pulled my hair away from my neck.

"Who are you?" he mumbled.

"C-Corey" I whimpered, I could feel my whole body shaking because of this scary, yet incredibly sexy man.

"Corey. Hmmm. Well I'm Damon."

I smiled slightly, trying to convince myself that I was going to be okay. Damon smirked "well, Corey, I think you are very beautiful. But you are always left out, aren't you. Well I can fix that."

Damon frowned at me, as he said that I was always left out. Of course this was true, but how did he know? What does he mean 'fix that'?

Before I could ask him what he meant he bit hard into his wrist, making it bleed. He pushed his wrist into my mouth, making the blood fill my mouth until I had to swallow. I started to cry harder, trying to scream for help when he grabbed each of my cheeks and twisted my head violently to the left.

I felt a sudden jolt of pain before everything blacked out.

-----------------------------

Hey guys, thanks for reading my book, its my first fan fiction! I have a few other books, they are werewolf ones that I did a while back. I just want to let you know that this story will not really follow the plot of The Vampire Diaries, it more just uses the characters.

I hope you enjoy,

Kit Kat