Chapter 25

Who knew that Bonnie was such a good person, right? She made the ring that Kol had given me a daylight ring, dispelling the old one. We eventually found the other daylight ring and I am going to give it back to Damon.

Bonnie and I actually became friends, and I guess it is good to have a witch as a friend.

Nik insisted on dropping Bonnie home, as thank you for her talents. Kol took me home, and as much as I told him I could walk, he carried me home.

He laid me on the sofa, and turned on the lights. As the lights turned on, I saw Bekah with Matt.

"OMG Corey!" She yelled, hugging me tightly, while Kol went off to get me a few blood bags.

I smiled and hugged her back.

"Thank god you are okay, when Nik told me I freaked out!" She screamed, and I had a feeling that wasn't all he told her. He might've dropped the slight hint about our kiss....

She picked up my hand and studied the ring on my wedding finger.

"Why this finger, shouldn't you be saving it for that special person?" She asked, wriggling her eyebrows around.

"Welllll......." I grinned suspiciously, and dragged out the 'L'.

"WHAT!" She screamed again. "Kol? Or Nik?"

I rolled my eyes, "Kol, and it isn't an engagement ring, yet. It is a promise that we will get married one day. He gave it to me when he asked to be my boyfriend."

"AWWWWWW!" She yelled, hugging my tightly, again. "What about Nik?" She lowered her voice and whispered in my ear.

"I don't know what you mean." I played dumb.

"You two kissed –"

"Before me and Kol were a thing." I told her, trying to make me sound less guilty.

"But he has a thing for you!" She whisper-shouted at me.

"Shhhh." I glared at her as Kol returned with 3 blood bags for me. "Thank you." I smiled up at him.

I hungrily ate all 3 bags, and I felt so much better.

"Let's get you showered and into clean clothes." Kol said, picking me up and carrying me up the stairs.

"Thanks Bekah!" I yelled as we went to his shower. 'Bye Matt!"

Kol sat me down gently on the bed, while he picked out some clothes and turned on the shower.

"I'm perfectly capable, you know." I said, standing up, but he sped over to me, pushing me back down on the bed.

"You killed the hunter for me, and suffered through the curse, just so I wouldn't go crazy." Kol whispered, and I could tell he was feeling guilty.

"He was trying to use me as bait for you guys, and he was torturing me." I stroked his cheek with my hand, trying to make him feel better.

He smiled slightly and picked me up, carrying me to the shower.

He took my dirty clothes off me and helped me into the water. He took his own clothes off, and joined me, helping me stand whilst he helped me wash my hair and the parts of my body I couldn't reach.

When we were done, he dried me off, and got me dressed into a comfy pair of undies and the t-shirt I stole from him. He wore just his shorts and helped me back into the bed. We snuggled down under the covers, my head resting on his chest.

"Thank you for saving me." I whispered, curling up closer to him.

He kissed the top of my head and rolled onto his side so we were facing each other. He rested his forehead against mine, and stared into my eyes. "I will always save you."