Chapter 5

I coughed and woke up in the same, fluffy white bed and the same antique room in the boarding house. My neck ached as I started to remember.

"Oh my god..." I gasped, I tried to kill Elena... I don't know what came over me.

I sat up and put my head in my hands and sobbed quietly.

With a whoosh I felt muscly arms around me, hugging me from the back, and the person rocking me back and forth slowly to calm me down. I turned around to see Damon, actually smiling sincerely.

"It's okay, I compelled her to forget. We will teach you to handle being a vampire. I'll be here for you." He told me soothingly.

I looked up at his handsome face, and he was being kind and caring. I couldn't keep my eyes off of him, and it didn't seem like he could either.

He leant down and gently kissed me on the lips. It was so sweet and caring and it made me feel instantly better. He quickly whooshed me around so we were against the wall. I started to breathe even heavier, his mere touch felt to good. We deepened the kiss, as our hands roamed each other's body.

We lay back on the bed, getting unclothed, just kissing in our underwear. Suddenly there was a knock on the door.

"Damon, where is Elena?" Stefan called out. It is always her...

"She is in the basement, I locked her in there until you can handle her." Damon yelled back, smirking down at me, "She isn't my problem, you are." He whispered the last bit in my ear.

My newbie vampire brain decided that it was a good idea to continue kissing the guy that I barley know, who also killed me. But we did continue kissing and it got so far as almost sex.

I gasped and pushed Damon off of me, breathing heavily "Wait."

"What? What is it?" He breathed heavily, getting off and sitting up.

"I barely know you... I know Stefan more than you... I have to go." I gathered my clothes and slipped them on quickly before sliding out the door and down the hallway. I sat on the lounge and stared into the fireplace.

I was lost in my own thoughts, until a large hand rested on my shoulder, squeezing it gently. I looked up slowly to see Stefan standing behind me. I had tears in my eyes, because it wasn't supposed to be like this.

"Come on. We need to go shopping. Get you some clothes, shoes, make up, anything you want." He said, "And the best thing is you don't need to pay." He winked, meaning I could compel people for free. He stretched out his hand toward me.

I smiled widely and took his hand in mine. I jumped off the sofa and we walked outside to his car and headed to the shops. We could go out because it was late night and around 5:00 so I couldn't get burnt because it was already dark.

"So where is Elena?" I asked, stroking my long, soft hair.

"I compelled her to forget, healed her and told her to go home." He told me, his eyes on the road. "I just hope it works, you know, people blood is better. As Damon says anyway. What is going on with you two anyway?"

"I don't know really... He keeps kissing me and, well, Damon-ing, all over me." I told him. "But I don't know how I feel. After all he did kill me."

Stefan just nodded but didn't push it. We spent the rest of the 30 minute ride into town talking about his and Damon's past. He went in more depth for how Damon loved Katherine, and then she died into a fire. But how Stefan knows that Katherine isn't in the tomb and living far, far away.

We got out of the car and headed to the shops and just like Stefan suggested, we compelled our way in every single shop. After a while Stefan got bored and went off by himself.

I decided that being dead was probably a good sign that I should re-invent myself. I decided to not only be that 'lonely emo girl', but I would dress slutty and sexy. Not just dressing in black skinny jeans and band merch.

I 'bought' an array of skinny jeans, ranging from black to red to dark blue. I got short shorts, short skirts, corsets, tight tops (Mainly singlets) and lots of leather jackets. I chose lots of heeled shoes, like boots, sparkles, comfy, strappy and even heeled converse.

I got loads of rings, necklaces, bracelets, earrings and other jewellery from all of the expensive shops like Pandora, Michael hill and Prouds. After all of the shopping I saw an empty hairdresser's shop. I lugged my many bags into the shop. I wanted a change of everything.

When I finally met up with Stefan I twirled around. I had dyed my hair black, with burgundy strands throughout it. His jaw dropped slightly open as he studied my new look and he reached into his back pocket of his jeans.

He pulled out a small jewellery box, which he opened to reveal a small, blue ring, with sparkly diamonds twisted around the band and the blue jewel.

"I want you to have this. It is very special to me, and when we find you a witch to get you a daylight ring, I want this to be it." He said, stepping closer to me, grabbing my hand gently and sliding the ring on the middle finger of my left hand.

"Stefan..." I gasped, staring at my hand. "I can't take this!"

"Please, I want you to." He looked into my eyes and I looked back into his. "It's on that finger because it's next to the wedding finger. It is special to me because it was my mother's before she died, and I want you to have it because I want us to be best friends for our eternal life."

I smiled as a tear of happiness leaked out of my eye. I am lucky.

I just hugged Stefan and he hugged me back. We stayed in the comfort of each other's arms for a minute or two.