Chapter 9

The ride back to mystic falls was pretty much silent and I spend the entire time staring out the window.

We pulled up on the Salvatore's driveway, hopping out. I grabbed my bags from the boot and walked up to my room. It was about 4:00 on a Sunday, so I had to go to school tomorrow. I still need Stefan to teach me how not to eat people.

I walked back down to the kitchen so I could get a blood bag. I poured to contents into a glass tumbler and walked into the lounge and sat in front of the fireplace.

"Rough night?" I heard Stefan's voice ask me.

"Just Damon." I sighed. "He killed three people the entire time and didn't even blink an eye. Stefan, who is Lexi?"

Stefan looked down, a grim face creeping up on him. He told me that they were best friends ever since Stefan turned and she helped him through lots of tough times. Damon killed her when she went to help him turn on his humanity again, he left her on a rooftop to burn.

"I'm sorry, Stefan." I said sincerely and hugged him tightly.

He continued his story, where Lexi's boyfriend searched for Damon for years. Bree was friends with Lexi, and she also looked for him.

"Anyway," Stefan said, taking a big breath of air and changed the topic. "If you are going to school tomorrow, we need to go out. I'll teach you how to feed."

I nodded excitedly, and grabbed his hand. We walked over to his car and sped off to the Grill.

We opened the grill's door. It was jam-packed and this would make it easy to feed. There was a fair few drunk people, stumbling wound and yelling.

Stefan and I took a seat at a free table near the bar. When we got service Stefan compelled us a round of drinks, for free.

"I really shouldn't drink, we have school tomorrow." I protested at the drinks set in front of us.

"As a vampire, we have a higher tolerance, plus it helps with the cravings." Stefan said, drinking his.

I shrugged and drank mine as well.

That's when the smell of blood wafted over to us. I turned around to see the drunk guys fighting, blood everywhere.

"Stefan..." I said, my head pounding, trying to block out the hunger.

"It's okay Corey, fight it." He tried to calm me down and teach me how to handle the smell. "Just take deep breaths and focus on my voice."

I did just as he said, and took big breaths and tuned everything out apart from his voice.

"Calm down, pretend it's not there. Tell yourself you aren't hungry. They are innocent people, not warm blood bags." He continued.

It was working, I didn't want to feed. I was okay!

"Thank you Stef." I smiled at him.

When my alarm went off at 7:00 in the morning, I was not ready for school.

I grunted loudly. I'm immortal, what is the point of school?

I dragged my ass to the shower and washed my hair, then I curled it into tight ringlets. I wore a tight red singlet and black, high waisted skinny jeans. I wore my ankle high, heeled boots. I chucked on my black leather jacket and grabbed my school bag.

I met Stefan downstairs, as he was giving me a lift. I grabbed a blood bag for breakfast, again pouring it into a glass.

"You ready?" Stefan asked, coming up behind me.

"Just give me a sec, to finish this." I told him, holding up the glass of blood.

I gulped down the glass of blood quickly and threw it in the kitchen. I went to run outside to meet Stefan when I was confronted by none other than Miss Katherine Pierce.

"How did you get out?" I sceptically stared her down.

"Well, let's just say that your little trip down to Georgia for a witch was wasted. Bonnie and her Grams let me out." She shrugged, studying her nails. "All it took was a little threaten."

I slowly edged my way to the front door, "Well I gotta go...."

"You won't go anywhere!" She scowled, grabbing my neck and throwing me across the room. I landed against the wall, putting a hole in it. I fell to the ground, but got up with vampire speed.

"You left me in that tomb to rot, and now it's time for payback." She smirked, walking arrogantly over to me.

She picked me up by the neck, slamming me against the broken wall, making a snapped piece of jagged wood stab me straight through my body from my back to my stomach. I yelled in pain as she held me against the wall with ease.

"Listen here. I want you to turn your humanity off." She said simply.

"What!? No!" I yelled, through the pain.

"We can do this the easy way, or I could start snapping loved ones necks. Caroline? Jenna? Hmm, maybe Jeremy." Katherine had her evil smirk on, waiting for my answer she lifted up her eyebrow. "Just consider it a science experiment, Sweetie."

I couldn't risk anyone's life when it was this easy from me to stop it. As I stared my evil clone in the eyes, I made a very important decision.

I felt all of my emotion being pushed all the way to the back of my head. Happiness, sadness, jealously, rage, hate, love. Everything it was like it was being sucked out of the way, where a massive steel dam was built to hold it all back.

As Katherine let go of my neck, she smiled, clearly happy with herself for manipulating me. But who cares right? I pushed myself off the shard of wood in my body and walked out of the house, looking for a meal.