Chapter 8

I was packed and ready by nightfall. I had explained to Stefan where we were going and he gave me a gentle hug and told me to be safe. This was after he told me how sorry he was that he didn't save me from Katherine. He showered and headed straight out to check on Elena, making sure she forgot everything.

Damon and I have been driving all night, just talking about our lives, our loves, our childhood, everything. It was amazing and I think that with each topic we spoke about I think I fell for him more and more.

When the sun rose we booked a hotel. A small, one bed and one bathroom hotel. It had beige, patterned wallpaper and plain white bed sheets. It was a queen bed, big enough for two people to share, and too be honest I was nervous about sleeping in the same bed with Damon.

We had been driving all night. We were both tired and ready for a sleep during the day until sunset.

I dragged my suitcase into the hotel room. Getting changed into a silky, lacy singlet and some matching shorts and climbed into bed next to Damon, who was shirtless and just in jeans.

I lay in bed, lying on my back. I felt the bed dip beside me as Damon lay down with a sigh.

"Where did you put Katherine?" I asked, frowning slightly.

"You heard the story of how she was meant to be in the tomb, right?" He asked, continuing when I nodded. "Well the tomb is sealed shut, no vampire can get out. So I simple pushed her in there with a long stick."

He did not seem at all phased by the imprisoning his former love. So, I just shrugged it off and rolled over to face him, ready to sleep.

When I did this, he did the same. Except he pulled me closer to him by my waist. Then, without warning he gently placed his lips on mine. At first I was shocked, but after a second I started to kiss back.

He deepened the kiss and to be honest, I enjoyed it. I ran my fingers through his hair. He rolled on top of me, taking my shirt off of me. We kept on kissing while getting undressed.

I think you can take a guess at what happened next.....

The beeping of Damon's alarm woke the both of us up. It was alerting us that it was nightfall and we could hit the road again. Damon said he would call ahead to his witch, Bree, to have her bar open by sunrise tomorrow.

After my shower I changed into a black and red corset, and black, ripped skinny jeans. I put on some heeled boots and pulled my hair into a pretty dodgy side braid.

We hit the road again, leaving the hotel and driving off.

It was about 3 in the morning and we got hungry. So we pulled over at a 24hr petrol station and walked into the mini shop.

There was a young guy, about 25-30, and he greeted us with a friendly smile.

"You will not move." Damon compelled him. "Go ahead, feed, Corey."

I nodded shyly and stared at the guy's neck. Just like when I fed for the first time, I blocked everything out, except for the hunger. I sunk my fangs into the guy's neck and drank. I kept drinking, it was so good and I felt like I couldn't stop.

Finally, Damon ripped me off "That's enough, leave some for me." He had a naughty smirk on his face when he sucked the rest of the blood out of the guy. The guy dropped on the floor in a heap.

I stared at the guy's limp, and lifeless body while Damon walked out of the shop and started up the car. He probably had a family, maybe kids, a wife, and Damon just took his life. Granted, I almost did it too, but he could have saved the guy when he ripped me off.