Chapter 30

Corey's P.O.V

The sun was streaming through the window, glaring onto my face. I slowly sat up, still feeling weak from being hurt. Kol was standing in the corner of the room, looking out the window with a glass of blood in his hand.

He snapped out of his daze and looked over to me. His eyes lit up and he rushed over, pulling me into a tight hug.

I started to cry with happiness into his chest, smiling widely. I was so happy to be in his arms.

"Shhh, it is okay, darling." Kol soothed me, stroking my hair softly.

I raised my head out of his grip and kissed him. He smiled and kissed back, making the kiss more passionate. He lay me down, climbing on top of me.

We undressed each other and lay back down in bed, rolling around in the sheets, doing fun things.

--

We finished packing up our house. Nik, Bekah, Kol and I are going to catch up with Elijah in Chicago, we have exhausted Mystic falls for its uses. The majority of the supernatural population of Mystic falls was dead, thanks to the Originals and I.

There was tones of boxes being moved into the moving truck, by some compelled men. At the time I looked over, they were loading Esther's coffin into the truck, along with the empty coffins for Nik's siblings.

I smirked, Nik and his god damn coffins. He can't leave anywhere without them.

"Will you come somewhere with me, love?" Kol's voice interrupted my thoughts. He looked a little nervous. He was fiddling with his daylight ring and he wouldn't look me in the eye.

"Aren't we leaving soon?" I frowned.

"It will only take a minute." Kol smiled, offering me his arm.

I chuckled, "Fine." We linked arms and Kol vampire sped us to wherever we were going.

We stopped at the top of a cliff, with the famous Mystic Falls water fall leading down to a quarry. The sun was just setting, making a beautiful view. We sat down in the edge of the cliff, watching the sun go down. We just talked about everything. Like leaving Mystic Falls, leaving my family and going with his.

It got dark, and we were still just talking, and cuddling. Finally he stood up, pulling me up with him.

"Give me your ring." He smiled at me, stretching out his palm.

I narrowed my eyes at him in suspicion, but slipped the ring off my finger and planted it into his hand.

He stepped forward, and kneeled down on one knee. I smiled and gasped, throwing my hand over my mouth.

"Corey Gilbert. I have never met anyone like you. The cliché of me loving someone is that they are expected to change me, make me less of a psychopath. But with you, you don't try and change me, you accepted who I am, and you still love me. As much as I hate so say it, but I have changed you, some might say for a bad way, but I see it as a good way. You are more like me, and I love you for it. You went through pain and torcher for me countless times, saving me, as I would do the same for me. I love you and I want to marry you, so will you?" He asked, holding out my ring.

I nodded quickly, tearing up. He slide the ring back onto my finger and stood up, hugging me and kissing me all over my face.

"I love you, Kol Mikaelson. I would be honoured to marry you." I whispered while we rested our foreheads against one another's.

"One more thing." Kol whispered, pulling away from our hug. He pulled the White Oak Stake out of his jacket pocket. "I want to prove to you that I will never die."

He snapped the stake over his knee, and gave one half to me. He threw his half into the quarry, as did I. The quarry eventually lead to the ocean, where it would get lost and my fiancé and best friends would be eternally safe.

I was surprised at the fact that the stake snapped, wasn't it indestructible? Well, I guess love does conquer all.

We watched as the moonlight shone on the quarry, illuminating the broken stake floating away. He wrapped his arm around my waist, and kissed me on the top of my head.

We walked back to the house just in time for Nik to lock the doors. Bekah had dragged her suitcases and bags into her car. I walked over to her and gave her a bone crushing hug, while Kol spoke to Nik.

"Thank you for saving me." She whispered to me.

"Ditto." I said back. Matt was in Bekah's car, I'm glad he was on our side. "How did you get Matt to help us?"

"Elena broke his heart, and then fell for the Salvatore's. He wanted to teach her a lesson, plus, he loves me." She giggled sheepishly at the last part.

"I'm happy for you." I told her, giving her a quick hug. "Also....Kol kind of... Proposed." I told her slowly and sceptically, not wanted her to act badly.

A huge smile spread across her face, and she hugged me tightly. She squealed in my ear, loudly. She pulled away, and snatched my hand up, inspecting my ring.

"The promise ring." She smiled. "Well, was. Now it's your engagement ring!"

I couldn't stop smiling, and neither could Bekah.

"I'm your Maid of Honour, by the way." Bekah told me.

"Yes, you are." I grinned back. "I guess we gotta go, now. I'll see you in Chicago."

"I really am happy for you. We will start planning the wedding when we get settled!" She said, hopping into her car and starting up the engine.

"Safe driving!" I yelled as they sped off.

I turned around and Nik was shooing off the moving truck to get on their way.

I skipped over to where Kol and Nik were standing. Kol wrapped his arm around my waist, making Nik glare at Kol.

'Kol, will you give us a minute. I'll meet you in the car." I asked, looking up at him.

"Fine." He huffed, glaring at Nik and smiling at me.

"Thank you, for saving me." I smiled, putting my hand on Nik's arm.

"Anytime, love." Nik smiled. "He proposed, I hear."

I nodded and smiled sympathetically at him, I know he had feelings for me.

"It is okay. If we find our way, we find our way." He smiled at me.

"Thank you." I said, hugging him tightly. I kissed him on the cheek before heading to the car. "I'll see you there."

I hoped into the car and kissed Kol quickly on the lips.

He smirked and we zoomed off, and out of mystic falls to start my new, engaged, vampire life with my two best friends and the love of my life.

Passing the 'You are now leaving Mystic Falls' sign was like a breath of fresh air. I smiled at Kol, and he smirked back at me, giving me a cute wink.

I was finally free and happy.

A.N

Thank you so much for reading my book, I'm so sad to finish it, but I had to leave it on a good note. I don't have any intention of doing a sequel because I am happy with the way it finished and I believe I have used up all of the supernatural dramas that can be used.

Please Vote and Share, I would love it.

Thank you! xx