Chapter 7

I woke up in Stefan's bed, but he was gone. I heard the shower running and I quickly walked back to my room a few doors down to get dressed. I put on some dark red, ripped skinny jeans and a tight black singlet. I curled my now black and burgundy hair into loose ringlets and did some natural makeup.

I finally headed downstairs to the kitchen to see if I could find some blood. I stuck to the shaded parts of the house, and thanked god for keeping most of the curtains shut.

I poured the contents of a blood bag into a glass and drank it all. I put the glass in the sink and went to wash it up, when I heard a crash behind me.

I turned around to see a weak, dirty and disgruntled Katherine. Her jeans and loose t-shirt covered in dirt and smudges of blood and dirt were through her hair and on her face.

"Katherine!" I gasped, "How did you get out?"

"Vervain wears off quick when you're as old as I am, and well, I'm a lot stronger than I look." She growled, staring me down. "You snapped my neck and humiliated me in front of Stefan and Damon. I am going to make you pay."

I cocked my head to the side in confusion. Then she ran at me. She sped with her vampire speed and grabbed my neck so I couldn't breathe.

In desperation I felt around for anything that could help me. My hand landed on the glass in the sink that I just drank out of. I grabbed it and smashed it into her head.

She flinched and her grip around my neck loosened a little, but not enough for me to escape. I still held the bottom of the glass in my hand, with sharp shards sticking out.

"You would never make a good vampire." Katherine hissed, squeezing my neck tighter and slamming me against the cupboard wall, next to the sink.

Gasped for air, and used as much strength as I had left to jam the shattered glass into her neck.

She screamed and stumbled back, holding her neck. I took this opportunity to run. I vamp sped to the front door and flung it open. There was a painful burning sensation all though my body, I looked up at the burning morning sun, shining through the now open front door.

I screamed and vampire sped over to the wall, my burnt and blistered skin healing. I realised I was trapped inside the house, with nowhere to run or hide.

I heard the obnoxious giggling of my evil look alike. I was breathing heavily, looking at Katherine, who was leaning against the wall of the house, watching me burn myself.

"You can't even get a daylight ring, how do you expect to last in this world. You're so pathetic." She smirked, strutting over to me. "I am doing you a favour, really, I'm putting you out of your misery."

"Stefan?! Damon?!" I yelled, hoping that they would hear me.

Katherine's smile faded. She whooshed over to me and plunged her hand into my chest. I felt her fingers squeezing my heart. The fear built up inside me and I gasped for air. I didn't want to die and my last hope was that either Stefan of Damon heard me scream.

"Corey?" I heard Damon call as he walked down the stairs of the house. I breathed out a breath of hope, until Katherine started to pull my heart out.

"NO!" Damon yelled, grabbing Katherine and tossing her across the room, her body breaking an antique painting. He ran over to and put his arms around me. "It's okay, we'll get you healed up in no time."

Katherine stood up and slowly made her way over to us. Damon's back was turned to her as he comforted me. "Ka-Katherine..." I warned him, still trying to catch my breath.

He turned around and tackled Katherine to the ground. Getting on top of her, ensuring that she couldn't move.

"Ooooh, I like this, and you know you do to" Katherine giggled, not even struggling.

Damon smirked and did his 'eye thing' and stuffed his hand into his back pocket and pulled out a needle. He stuck it into Katherine's arm and pushed the contents in.

"Sorry, Damon." Katherine smirked "Vervain doesn't affect me, but nice try."

I got up slowly, trying to ignore the pain in my chest that was healing slowly. I quickly vampire sped over to them, and once again, snapped her neck. Damon held her down so I had the upper hand.

"Take her somewhere she won't escape, this time." I breathed, smiling weakly.

I walked back upstairs to take a shower, and wash all the blood off. I changed into a loose blue singlet and a pair of skinny jeans. I walked slowly downstairs and got another glass of blood. After drinking that glass I found a broom and tidied up all of the broken glass that I smashed over Katherine.

"We need to get you a daylight ring." I heard Damon's voice ring through the kitchen.

"Yes we do, getting burnt hurts." I nodded, chuckling slightly. "Thank you for saving me."

Damon nodded and smirked. "I know a witch. In Georgia. We will leave when the sun goes down, so be packed and ready to leave as soon as it gets dark."

"Thank you, I'll be ready soon."