Chapter 15: Goblins and Gollum

(Bilbo's POV)

Sarah's gave me a look.
And then we were falling.

Sarah screamed while the rest of us expressed our surprise and dislike for this great calamity.
Before we knew what was happening, we were roughly sliding down tunnels of great stone.  We all landed on a stony platform, each dwarf on top of another.  Fortunately, I landed on top of everyone, so I did not have to worry about damaging myself too badly. Before we could get up and take in our surroundings, goblins were all around us, poking and pushing the dwarves.  Their repulsive faces were upturned in what I could only imagine as smiles whilst they hoarsely grunted and cackled. I was given no time whatsoever to draw my sword, and in my haste began to look for it on the ground. I noticed that no goblins were making an attempt to push me around, nor did they seem to register the fact that I was there. And so, grateful for my small stature, I bent down onto the floor in order to seem invisible. Their beady eyes missed me as the rest proceeded to chain the others together and draw them away.

(Sarah's POV)

These goblins were definitely nastier, scarier, and bigger than the ones in the Labyrinth movie. I whimpered, got onto the floor and just curled up into a ball, trying to remember that that's what Bilbo did in the movie and got away with it.  Soon enough, I heard the goblins leave, and I crawled away to hide behind an old barrel.  I was so surprised that they hadn't noticed me, and in my thankfulness attempted to make myself seem even smaller.

When I was sure enough that the coast was clear, I noticed that I didn't have my dagger.  Oh no, I thought, I'm dead.  Slowly and cautiously, I poked my head out from behind the barrel to see if any goblins were lurking behind.  All I saw was Bilbo, holding Sting in his hands.  It was still glowing a bright blue.  I breathed a sigh of relief, and slowly stood up to walk over to him.

Before I could, a goblin jumped out of nowhere and started to attack him.  Bilbo was doing a good job at defending himself, but the goblin jumped onto his back and attempted to bite his neck and ears.  "Stop!" I shouted.  Not thinking, I tried to pull it off of him by its arms.  I yanked it, but to no avail.  I put my arms around its neck in a head lock, and then it grabbed at me.  Its long, disgusting fingernails were trying to scratch at my face, but all I could do was try to dodge them.  In our rush, we all lost our balances, and I screamed as we tumbled off of the bridge and down into the darkness below.

(Kili's POV)

The goblins were pushing and poking at us on bridges towards the goblin king himself.  He was immensely obese and large, and his skin had blisters and ghastly marks upon it. The entire room- if you could even call it a room, it was so immensely large and spacious for a cave- smelled horrid and sweaty, much to my distaste. This goblin king is nothing like the one Sarah described to us, I thought worriedly, knowing that a sad fate would befall everyone, including her including her if we didn't figure out a method of escape. I began to look around for her, but alas she could not be found. I quickly became even more worried. She should have stood out, considering she was the only female here and tallest one among us. "Fili, where's Sarah?" I asked, anxiously looking around.  His eyes widened as he too couldn't find her in the crowd of dwarves and goblins.  I just hope she is alright, I thought, attempting to hide my concern. We spoke no more of her, for we did not want her to be known. The goblin king himself began to come down from his throne, and I glanced at my uncle for reassurance. His face was also fearful, as our weapons had been stripped from our sides. Our fate would soon be dealt. This wasn't good.