Another Author's Note

Dear readers,

I am sorry that this is not another chapter. I hope you'll be relieved to know that I have another one cooking, and it is ALMOST done. Currently, however, I am "rewriting" (basically editing) the other chapters so that it doesn't exactly look like the cringey fan-fiction that it seems like. If you see updates, it is probably the other chapters being fixed for accuracy and details. For example: in the second chapter, Sarah and Gandalf come back to Bilbo's house on the very same day that they met him, along with clothes purchased for Sarah from a "clothing store in Bree." Blech. I did myself a favor and fixed it because it was SO inaccurate. First off, Gandalf and the dwarves met Bilbo the NEXT day, and that's why Bilbo was so shocked when they had arrived and when Gandalf had arrived. This boi literally forgot to put it in his planner/agenda, and that's why he forgot.  Also, Bree is 120 miles from the Shire, and would therefore take more than a day to travel to. And I don't think they'd have a clothing store, more likely a tailor's which would've taken forever to measure and cut the fabric, blah blah blah. 

I've been doing some reading for once, and I've realized how great of a toll Kili and Fili's continuous living will be on the land of Middle Earth because it changes up a LOT of things (foreshadowing, anyone?). I have a big general plot involving Doctor Who and Lord of the Rings, and I cringe as I write this, but I hope you guys will like it. Doctor Who opens up so many possibilities for fanfictions, plots, characters, and historical encounters. It's a Pandorica worth opening (reference, anyone?). If you haven't seen the Doctor Who series, don't worry. I will do my best to explain things like I did with the weeping angels and make it understandable. But I really recommend watching the show. It's a lovable mess, and I'm a tad obsessed.

Another reason as to why I'm bringing in Doctor Who is that Sarah has MAJORLY affected the plot of the Lord of the Rings series. For one, Bilbo stabbed Gollum. Now, I'm not saying he's dead or not (foreshadowing?), but she's also hindered his knowledge of Bilbo's last name and residence. Gollum was how Gandalf found out the ring was THE ring, Gollum was the one who guided Sam and Frodo to Mordor, he led them to Shelob, he bit off Frodo's finger, the list goes on. Also, Sarah saved both Kili and Fili. Now, Dain can't be king like he was originally supposed to be, and that creates a bit of a problem. So many lives are altered by her choices, so many stories rewritten, it's a mess. That's another reason. 

And finally, the last reason I'll say I'm using Doctor Who is because it is realistically the most believable reason as to how she'll get home and how she got there. I've personally never really believed the old "I hit my head poof I'm here" tactic, nor "the valar chose me to fight" exlanation. Sarah is a regular girl, there is really nothing special about her. To be honest, the Valar wouldn't pay her any thought. Sure she's spunky and chill and has a funny personality, but she's a regular human with regular human blood, nothing to get excited over. But a better explanation may come up in the chapters of other books as to why she needs to leave. Oh, and by the way, this Doctor won't be exactly the same one you see in the series, nor may he have the same backstory, but he will still be what he always has been; a guy with a time machine cruising through the universe.

Oof, and nowwww we get to spill tea about another topic: Sarah and Erin, will they or won't they? Ha, I took advantage of how The Hobbit was written from Bilbo's POV and how he didn't say whether or not Legolas had any siblings. Originally, he was just supposed to be the guy that helped Sarah with her leg (because we all know darn well that that didn't happen to Kili in the book). But Sarah wasn't in the book. So it could've happened to her. And I didn't wanna make Tauriel talk to Sarah and become besties and blah blah blah because that just wasn't my vision, and personally I'm not a very big fan. Sure, they would've been friends, but she wasn't a major part of the plot. But now Erin, I have much bigger plans for him. He and Sarah are gonna become good friends, there's no mistake. But a romantic design? Hmm, we'll see, especially since elves don't usually fall in love with humans (save Beren and Luthien and Arwen and Aragorn). And usually, it's a mortal man falling for an elvish woman of higher status. For some reason, the ones with an elvish man falling in love with a mortal woman always ended badly. In the end, it's always tragic.....

Oh yeah, and the spelling of his name? Halfway through his plot-line, I began to wonder if it was really just a girl's name. I mean, how embarrassing? I picked a nickname and I couldn't even tell if it was a girl's name. It's bad enough his name sounds like Earendil, that half-elf boi Tolkien wrote about. I researched the name Erin and found out that the spelling is more widely used by girls, but the original name is unisex and means "Ireland." Plus, we all know that Sarah would probably tease lil' Erin and call him "A-A-Ron" if it was spelled any differently.

Huh... That might come up later.

But anyways, fret not, dear readers. I thank those of you who have stuck with this book for this long, and I am certainly always grateful for your comments and votes. There is a master plot at hand, it's just a matter of getting it all planned out accurately and written down. If there's one thing I love, it's fictional books with believable logic. Who's to say that it didn't actually happen? Maybe I'm actually Sarah writing my story? Who knows? 

This book will end soon enough, but I will definitely have a sequel (maybe even a series if I stick with it?).

For now, this cringey little writer thanks you, and will keep you posted with a new chapter very, very soon. Any comments, notes, ideas, votes, recommendations, anything is always appreciated. I'd love to hear what you guys think! See you soon!