Emma

We've been in our new house for four days now. I absolutely love this house. I am literally living the dream that I have imagined for as long as I can remember. All I can think about is how lucky I am. Never in a million years would I have thought that I would end up here. With a life like this. I never thought that I was going to get out of the foster system. Because I broke the rules that one night at a Martina McBride concert, I got two loving parents. I live in this amazing house, I get to do all of these amazing things and travel the world. How did I get to be so lucky?

It is a little after 10:00 at night. I just finished getting ready for bed. I turned off the lights except the lamp on my nightstand. I climbed in and covered myself up and laid down. About five minutes later my mom walked in and sat on the side of my bed. I gave her a small smile and she kissed my forehead.

"How are you adjusting to the new house?" she asked quietly.

"I love it here" I said with an even bigger smile.

"I'm glad" she said with a smile.

"You know, the two of us haven't had a girl's day in a while with all the house stuff and your trip with grandma and grandpa. So I made us appointments to get mani pedis and get our hair done tomorrow since you have been bugging me about you getting highlights." She said and I giggled. "Then after that we could do some shopping. How does that sound?" she asked. I smiled big and nodded.

"Alright, now get some sleep" she said and kissed my forehead. She stood up and turned off my lamp.

"I love you" She added.

"I love you too" I said and nuzzled into my bed a little more. A few minutes later I drifted off to sleep.

I woke up the next morning to Elijah tapping my arm. I laid there and kept my eyes shut to see if he would go away. It is probably ridiculously early. The tapping went on for like two more minutes so I opened my eyes because clearly he isn't going away.

"What do you need E?" I asked in a groggy voice.

"You said we would build Lego towers today" he said excitedly. I rolled over and looked at the time on my IPod dock. 6:12 a.m. I rolled back over to face Elijah.

"Elijah, it is 6:12 in the morning. It is way too early to build Lego towers. We can build them later. Go back to bed" I said and buried my face in my pillow.

"I'm not tired Emma" he whined.

"Go bother Mom and Dad" I said into my pillow.

"They're sleeping" he said and crawled up on my bed.

"If you're going to be in here then you have to lay down" I said.

"Ok" he said and made himself comfortable. I rolled over on my back and Elijah snuggled into me. As much as he is driving me crazy right now, I love him to pieces. I wrapped my arm around him and we drifted back to sleep.

About an hour and a half later, I heard my bedroom door open slightly. I'm assuming that it's either my mom or dad, probably looking for Elijah since he isn't in his room.

"Jimi, come here" I heard my mom whisper.

"Look at them" she whispered again.

"I wonder what time he woke her up?" Dad asked mom.

"Probably 6:00" Mom said with a giggle.

I shifted a little and looked over at them.

"Morning sweetie" mom said sweetly.