Emma

I watched my parents leave the room and the nurse was adjusting my IV to give me another dose of pain meds. I was doing my best to hold my tears in while the nurse was in here.

"This dose is going to make you drowsy." She said and I nodded. "Is there anything I can get you? Another pillow or blanket?" She asked.

"I think I'm okay for now. Thank you." I choked out.

"I know it's scary being in the hospital without your mom and dad, so if you need anything at all don't be afraid to let me know" she said sweetly.

"I'll be in to check on you in a little bit" she said and I nodded.

I adjusted myself in the bed a little bit and pulled the covers up more. My eyes felt heavy and closed and I fell asleep. I just really want my mom and dad here.

I woke up the next morning around 6:30. Visiting hours don't start until 8:00, so I had another hour and a half before my parents will be here. The nurse came in and brought me some breakfast and gave me some more pain meds.

I turned on the TV and found something to watch to keep my mind off things. There isn't much on this early in the morning so I settled on CMT Music and just watched the music videos. The nurse came back in when I was done eating.

"I always have this channel on when I'm doing house work" she said with a smile. Then we saw the video for 'Sober' come on.

"Hey, its your parents" she said with a smile.

"Yeah" I said and smiled. I was really happy that their video came on, it kind of makes it easier. This is the next best thing to them actually being here.

A few minutes later, my doctor came in and did a checkup.

"How are you feeling today Emma?" he asked.

"A little better. It still hurts, but not nearly as bad as it did when I first woke up the other day" I said.

"That's good to hear" he said with a smile.

"Everything is still looking good. I think we are ready to have you start moving around a little bit. I'm going to have a physical therapist come by later today to help you out" he said and I nodded.

I looked at the time and saw that it was just a little after 8:00. Hopefully my parents are going to be here soon because I don't like being here by myself. Then I saw them walk in the room.

"Hey sweetie, how are you feeling today?" Mom said when they walked in.

"A little better" I said with a smile.

"The doctor said he's going to have a physical therapist come later today to help me start moving and walking and stuff" I said.

"That's great" she said.

"Hopefully I can go home soon" I said.

"We can't wait for you to come home." Dad said.

"We brought you your phone, IPod and laptop" Dad said.

"Thank you" I said with a smile. I will finally have something else to do besides watch TV and sit and stare at the ceiling. 

They stayed in the room with me for a couple of hours. After lunch, the doctor and the physical therapist came in.

"Hey Emma, I'm Dr. Adams and I'm going to help you get moving again" she said with a smile. My parents stood up and shook her hand.

"You must be Mom and Dad?" she asked.