Karen

Jimi and I spent the next two days in L.A. It was a much needed mini vacation. Of course we missed the kids like crazy. They called twice each day. We got them each a few gifts while we were shopping on Thursday. Jimi and I have a direct flight to Nashville at 1:20 this afternoon.

It is 8:30 in the morning and I just woke up. I was laying on my stomach and Jimi had his arm around my back. He was still asleep. I rolled on my back and adjusted myself in the bed. Jimi felt me shift and opened his eyes. He rolled on his back and I rolled on my side and rested my head on Jimi's chest. He kissed my forehead.

"Good morning beautiful" he said after he yawned.

"Good morning" I said with a smile and looked up at him. He leaned down and kissed me. I could just lay here all day like this. We laid in a comfortable silence for another ten minutes or so.

"Should we get up and go get some breakfast?" Jimi asked.

"I suppose so" I said. Then we both rolled out of bed. I grabbed a pair of jeans and a tank top and went into the bathroom. I hopped in the shower then got ready. When I was done Jimi came in and took a quick shower. Once we were both dressed and ready, we walked down the street to a diner where they had all you can eat pancakes.

When we were done eating, we walked back to the hotel and packed up our stuff. It was around 10:30 once we got our room cleaned up. We went down to the lobby and checked out. I called a cab while Jimi was checking us out. The cab arrived and took us to the airport. We got our boarding passes and found our terminal. When it was time to board our plane, we found our seats and sat down. We buckled our seatbelts. I lifted the armrest between us and rested my head on Jimi's shoulder. As soon as the plane took off, I was asleep. I woke up when the pilot said we were going to be landing in twenty minutes. I lifted my head off of Jimi's shoulder. He had his arm around me and was also asleep. I nudged him and he woke up.

"We're going to be landing soon" I said when he was fully awake.

"Ok" he said and stretched a little.

"Are you ready to go home?" he asked.

"Yeah, I really miss the kids" I said with a giggle.

"Although this was a much needed vacation" I said and kissed him.

"I'm glad you had fun" he said with a smile. I leaned into him a little more. We sat there in a comfortable silence until the plane landed. Once it landed and pulled up to the terminal, we grabbed our carry on stuff and got off the plane. We went to baggage claim and waited for our bags. We grabbed them when they came around and headed to the car. We loaded our stuff in the back and headed home. I'm excited to go home, I've missed the kids like crazy. We pulled into the garage and unloaded the car. We brought our bags inside and were greeted at the door by Elijah. I picked him up and gave him a hug.

"Hi baby" I said and kissed the top of his head.

"I missed you guys" he said.

"We missed you too" I said. Emma walked over to us. I moved Elijah to my hip and pulled Emma in for a hug with my free arm.

"I missed you guys too" she said.

"We missed you too baby girl" I said and kissed her forehead. Elijah reached for Jimi so I handed him over. Then Emma gave Jimi a hug as well.

"Thank you so much Maggie for staying here" I said.

"Not a problem" she said. Maggie grabbed all of her stuff and I followed her to the door. I got out my check book and wrote her a check for the week and handed it to her.