Emma

We spent a week between both of my grandparents' house. We spent four days in Georgia and four days in Alabama. We just got home and it is the day before New Year's Eve. I helped mom get all the clothes in the wash. Gracie and I were texting earlier and I'm going to see if we can hang out for a little while today and maybe have a sleepover. She said she would help me pick out a song to do for the talent show.

"Hey Mama?" I asked in a sweet voice when we walked out of the laundry room.

"Yeah?" she asked suspiciously with her eyebrows raised. She can usually tell when I want something.

"Can Gracie come over for a little while today and help me pick out a song to do for the talent show?" I asked with a smile. She took in a deep breath and let it out.

"Is she going to sleep over?" She asked.

"Are you saying that she can?" I asked with my eyebrows raised and a smile.

"I don't know yet. Let me think about it and talk to your father" She said.

"Is all your unpacking done?" she asked as she walked towards the stairs.

"Yep" I said and Mom went upstairs by dad and Elijah. I sat on the couch and watched some TV and waited for mom to make her decision. About twenty minutes later, mom came back down.

"You can have Gracie over today" she said and sat next to me.

"Can she sleep over too?" I asked sweetly.

"Yes, she can sleep over too" she said.

"Thank you" I said excitedly and gave her a hug. Then I texted Gracie and told her that she could come over anytime.

About twenty minutes later, I saw Faith pull in the driveway and Gracie climbed out. I walked up to the door and let her in.

"Your new house is amazing!" Gracie said as she walked in.

"Thanks" I said. We walked in the house so I could give her a tour. We walked into the living room and saw my mom reading on the couch.

"Hey Gracie" Mom said cheerfully.

"Hey! My Mom said she thinks the house is beautiful and she can't wait to see the inside" Gracie said and mom smiled.

I showed Gracie around downstairs then we made our way upstairs. I showed her around then we went into my room.

"Your room is amazing" she said excitedly.

"And I have my own bathroom" I said and pointed to the attached bathroom.

"That's awesome! I have to share mine with Maggie and Audrey" she said and we laughed.

"What did you get for Christmas?" she asked.

"I got a bunch of cash and gift cards from my grandparents and aunts and uncles. My parents got me a record player and some vinyl records. Then I got a Bath and Body Works set with lotion, body spray, body wash, a candle, hand sanitizer and bubble bath. I got some new clothes and nail polish. I also got a new iPod touch with 128 GB since my other one was full." I said.

"How did your 32 GB get full?" she asked with a giggle.

"I listen to a lot of music" I giggled.

"Your entire iPod was full of music? You didn't have any pictures or apps or anything?" she asked surprised.

"It just had music" I replied.

"That's impressive" she said and I nodded.

"What did you get for Christmas?" I asked her.