Emma

I was nervous, but excited for the talent show. We got there at noon to check in. I saw Gracie and her band right away and went over to them while Mom and Dad talked to Tim and Faith. Dad took Elijah to find seats and Mom stayed back with me. Gracie had to go because she was part of the bands competition. Mom did some warmups with me, then went to find her seat.

"Good luck, baby. You're going to do amazing" she said and kissed the top of my head.

"Thanks Mama" I said and she gave me a hug. She left and now I was starting to get nervous.

After a while, I heard Gracie's band's name called and I went to go watch from the side of the stage. They killed it. I really hope they win. When they came off stage, we hung out until it was my turn to go.

It was my turn next. I really wish my mom was back here with me. She always knows what to say to keep me calm. I was taking deep breaths and I took a drink of my water bottle. Then I heard my name. Oh God, here goes nothing. I was handed a microphone and I walked out on stage. I took one more deep breath and I heard the music play. I came in at the first verse. As soon as I started singing, I calmed down right away. I did what my parents told me to do and walked around the stage and try to engage the audience. I think it was working. I finished the song and everyone started clapping. I stood there for a minute and smiled before I walked off the stage.

When I walked off the stage, I was greeted by Gracie.

"You were so amazing!" she said and gave me a hug.

"Thanks" I said. We hung out until the end of the show.

When the show was over, I went to try and find my parents. I was stopped by a woman who gave me a hug. It was incredibly uncomfortable. I didn't hug her back because I have no idea who this woman is. Maybe she thought I was someone else.

She let go of me and started talking to me.

"Emma, it's so nice to finally meet you" she said with a smile. Why does she know my name?

"Nice to meet you too" I said slowly and gave her a half smile. Then I saw my parents walking over. I gave them the 'Save from this person' look and they started walking over to me. The woman continued to keep on talking to me, but I wasn't really listening until she said something that I couldn't ignore.

"I can't believe I finally get to meet you. I'm your mother" she said.

My eyes widened.

"Excuse me?" I was shocked.

"I'm Sara Montgomery. I'm your biological mother" she said.

I swear my heart just skipped a beat. This woman could be my biological mother. How did she find me? I was speechless, but she kept on talking.

"I'm sorry that it took me so long to find you. I had you when I was seventeen and my parents made me give you up for adoption. I didn't want to. I wanted to keep you, but my parents said you would be better off, so I did. I have never stopped thinking about you and I have never stopped loving you. I've been trying to find the right chance to tell you who I was. I wanted to tell you the first time I saw you. You were at the park with your adoptive parents a few years ago. I figured out who you were when they announced they adopted you. I've been going to their shows every time they play in town hoping that I will get to see you. I promise I've never stopped caring about you." she said. I cannot believe what I am hearing right now. She saw me years ago. She knew who I was. She's been following me for years. I can't even wrap my head around this.

"I wish I wouldn't have given you up for adoption. I'm so sorry sweetie. I would love the chance to be your mother" She said and tried to pull me in for a hug. That set me over the edge.