Karen

Today is Friday and we've been home since Sunday and things have been going okay. We have all decided to put the card Emma got from Sara to the side. We figured it was just a thing she did for her birthday. We haven't heard or seen Sara since then so we're just going to leave it at that.

Emma has her driver's test today and she has been practicing all week with Jimi. We canceled home school with Maggie today so she can focus on her test. Her test is at 10:00 this morning and its 8:30 now. I figured Emma should get up and get ready soon, so I headed upstairs. I passed Elijah and Jimi sitting on the couch watching Jake and the Neverland Pirates. I made it up to Emma's room and opened the door. I walked over to her bed and sat down. Her hair draped over her face and I brushed it out of her eyes and tucked it behind her ear. She scrunched her nose a little and her eyes fluttered opened.

"Morning sweetheart" I said softly.

"Morning" she said and yawned.

"Today's the big day. Why don't you get up and get in the shower and get ready and I'll make you some breakfast" I said and she nodded and rolled out of bed.

I walked back down to the kitchen and got out the stuff to make chocolate chip pancakes. Elijah came in and wanted to help. He pulled up the stepstool and stood next to me. I let him stir the batter and pour the pancakes on the pan.

We finished up the pancakes and Emma joined us in the kitchen.

"Breakfast is just about ready" I said and grabbed some plates.

"E, can you go get Daddy" I asked.

"Uh huh" he nodded and ran into the living room and brought Jimi back with him. We sat at the table and ate breakfast.

"Are you ready for your driver's test today Em?" Jimi asked.

"Yeah, I'm nervous though" she said quietly.

"You're going to do fine. You've been practicing for months" he said.

"Just don't think too hard about it" I said and she nodded.

We finished up breakfast and cleaned up the kitchen. It was just before 9:15 and Emma and I decided to head to the DMV. We got there and walked inside. I got the paperwork and filled it out. Emma read through the papers about the test while we waited. Surprisingly, they were on schedule so they called Emma's name right at 10:00.

As soon as they called her name, she looked at me with fear in her eyes.

"You're going to do great sweetie" I said with a smile and she nodded and stood up.

"Good luck" I said and she walked out to the car with the DMV guy.

He said the test was going to take about ten minutes. I think I am more nervous for Emma than she is and she's the one taking the test. I sat in the waiting area and scrolled through Pinterest on my phone. About ten minutes later I saw Emma walk in. She still looked nervous, but she was happy. I stood up as they approached me.

They guy shook my hand and smiled at me.

"Mrs. Westbrook, Emma did great. The only thing she needs to work on is watching her speed. She never went more than five over, but she came close a few times. I took three points off for that, but other than that she did very well. Here is all the forms she will need to get her license at the desk" He said with a smile and handed me the paperwork.

"Thank you so much" I said and shook his hand.

"Thank you" Emma said with a smile.

"Congratulations baby" I said with a huge smile and hugged her.