Emma

It's been about two weeks since the whole wedding thing happened and I got told I was a mistake by my biological grandmother. My parents have been telling me over an over how much they love me. I'm really glad I have them because my biological family sucks. Sara has been texting my mom every couple of days to see if I want to hang out. I'm still kind of hesitant about seeing her. Mom keeps reassuring that Sara doesn't resent me, but it's always going to be in the back of my mind. Mom just told me that Sara wants to go to the mall tomorrow with me for a couple of hours. I told Mom that I would think about it.

It's Monday night and we just got back from a weekend of shows in Washington, Oregon and Nebraska. I've been hanging out in my room since we got home. I think I'm going to say yes to go to the mall tomorrow with Sara.

I heard a knock at my bedroom door. My door wasn't closed so Mom walked in.

"So, have you thought about going shopping with Sara tomorrow? I have to give her a response" she said.

"I think I want to go, but can you come? But you don't have to be right there, just be in the mall so if things don't go well, we can leave right away" I said.

"Okay, I can definitely do that" she said.

"Thanks Mama" I said and gave her a hug.

"No problem sweetie" she said with a smile. I seriously have the best Mom ever. I hung out in my room for the rest of the night and watched TV.

The next morning, I hung out with Elijah outside. It was really hot outside so Elijah and I decided to go swimming until it was time to leave. Elijah has been getting better at his swimming but still needs someone close to him because he gets tired easily.

I helped him get changed into his suit then I went and changed. Mom went to the store so Dad was home with us. Dad did some yard work while Elijah and I went in the pool. We stayed mostly in the shallow end where Elijah could touch. Elijah loves to do diving rings so I was throwing them for him and he would try to get as many as he could get in one breath. The most he could get was three.

At 11:00, we got out of the pool. Dad and Elijah are coming with because Elijah still has a few gift cards from Toys R Us to use up from his birthday. I went upstairs and took a shower and got dressed. My knee has been feeling a lot better so I haven't been wearing my brace. I dried my hair then pulled it into a pony tail. I did my makeup and went downstairs to find mom.

"You ready to go?" she asked.

"Yeah" I said.

"We just have to wait for Dad and Elijah" she said and I nodded.

They came downstairs by us when they were done changing. "Let's go" Mom said with a smile and we went out to the car. I was nervous to spend time with Sara by myself, but as long as in know my parents are going to be around, makes me feel a lot better.

We pulled into the mall parking lot and found a spot. We headed to the food court and got some lunch and waited for Sara. Mom, Dad and I got food from a Chinese stand. Dad got Elijah a happy meal from McDonald's. A few minutes later, we see Sara. She got a sub from Subway and joined us at our table.

"Hey guys" she said cheerfully.

"Hey Sara" Mom said.

"You must be Elijah?" she said to Elijah.

"Yep" Elijah said with his mouth full of French fries.

"I've heard a lot about you" she said.

"Who are you?" he asked. Everyone got silent.

"Um, I'm a friend of your sister's" she said.

"Okay" he said and went back to eating his lunch.