Emma

It has been a couple of weeks since Sara has made her appearances. The first few days were tough. I had no idea what to think. I was afraid she was going to wreck what I have here. I finally got the perfect family. The family that I had dreamed about since I was four years old in foster care. She is not taking this away from me. I waited ten years for this, she's not taking this away.

My birthday is on Monday. I was supposed to take my road test on Tuesday, but Mom said something came up and she had to reschedule it for next week. Mom and Dad have been acting kind of weird today, like something is up and they aren't telling me. It's kind of freaking me out a bit.

Mom and Dad just left to go to the store so I'm watching Elijah. We're hanging out in the living room. Elijah got out two coloring books, one for me and one for him. We're sitting on the floor with the coloring books on the coffee table and watching Toy Story. It's always fun hanging out with Elijah. We colored and watched the movie until Mom and Dad came home.

About two hours later, they walked through the door. They set their bags on the counter in the kitchen and walked in by us.

"Hey guys" Mom said.

"Hey" Elijah and I both said with our noses still in our coloring books.

"Emma, we have something for you" Mom said and I looked up at her. She handed me a fairly large gift bag.

"My birthday isn't until Monday" I said.

"We know" Dad said with a smile.

"Open it" Mom said and I nodded.

I pulled the tissue paper off the top and pulled out the first thing. I unfolded it and it was a spaghetti strap sundress with a scrunched elastic waist. It had pink, yellow, orange, blue and white designs on it. It was really cute.

"I love it. Thank you" I said.

"There's more" Mom said with a smile. I pulled out the next item in the bag. It was a pair of silver aviator sunglasses. I pulled out the next thing. It was a new bikini. It was mint green, white, and grey chevron pattern. I pulled out the next thing, a brochure with a beautiful beach house on it. Something is definitely up. I pulled out the last item in the bag, a piece of paper with a plane ticket to Key West that's leaving tomorrow morning at 6:15 and leaving Key West next Sunday at 5:00 pm.

"Is this for real?" I asked excitedly.

"Happy Birthday" They both said.

"Thank you so much!" I squealed and hugged them.

"You should probably go pack" Mom said with a smile and I nodded.

I cannot believe my parents are taking me to Key West for my birthday. This is the greatest birthday present ever. I got to my room and pulled out my suitcase. I went into my closet and dug out my summer clothes. They are in Rubbermaid containers in the back on the bottom shelf. I packed my new swim suit and dress, a few pairs of shorts, three sun dresses, some tank tops, two other swim suits, two pairs of nice sandals and a pair of black flip flops. I packed my makeup bag and my travel hygiene bag. I double checked to make sure I would have everything I would need and zipped up my bag. I went downstairs by my parents. Mom was in the kitchen making dinner, and Dad was playing Legos with Elijah in the toy room.

"Are you all packed?" Mom asked.

"I think so" I said with a smile.

"Do you have enough clothes?" she asked and I nodded.

"Shoes?" I nodded again.

"Hygiene bag?"

"Yep" I said.