Emma

It is now the second week in June. I have been in physical therapy for four weeks now. It has really helped me with my knee. My physical therapist has given me a smaller knee brace so I can actually bend my leg now. I was really getting tired of the brace that forced my leg straight. It still kind of hurts to put a lot of pressure on my leg, but it is tolerable.

Josh and I have been texting a lot. I haven't seen him since he visited me in the hospital. At first I thought I freaked him out by getting hurt and ending up in the hospital because he didn't call or text me for like two weeks. We're actually going to go see a movie tomorrow.

I have been seeing Sara. We aren't really close at all. All we do is go out to lunch and so far each time I have seen her, my mom has been there. I'm kind of scared to be with her by myself. I don't really know why. I think it's because when she originally showed up, she went to a lawyer to try and get rights over me and I think that's just something that is always going to be in the back of my mind each time I see her. I think I want to try and hang out with her by myself the next time she asks. She has been texting my mom each time she wants to see me and I'm okay with that. Sara's wedding is this weekend. She told me that I was invited to the wedding a couple of weeks ago. I didn't really know what to say. I guess she has been engaged for a while, she just never told me because she didn't know where this relationship was going. If I decide to go, I will see all kinds of biological family members there and I don't know if they know about me or how they feel about me. I told mom that I wasn't really sure that I wanted to go because of that and if I do go, which I don't think I'm going to, I want either mom or dad to go with me because I don't want to face those people by myself. They both said that they would go with me because the way my dad put it, I would need all the support I could get. I just don't think I could handle facing all of them so I'm probably not going to go. I still have three days to decide. I mean I barely even know Sara the way it is so why would I go?

Today I have been hanging out with Elijah. Mom and Dad are at a band meeting because they are working out their tour dates for the fall and the release of their new album in October. It's been a pretty rainy day, so we haven't been able to do much. I finally got cleared to drive again, but I don't move very fast, so I don't really want to go anywhere since it has been pouring all day. Elijah and I decided to have a movie day and pig out on popcorn. We've made it through Toy Story and Toy Story 2. Our next movie is Monsters Inc.

"Do you want me to make some more popcorn?" I asked.

"Uh huh. Can I help?" Elijah asked.

"Of course" I said and we stood up off the couch and walked to the kitchen. This is going to be our third bowl of popcorn. I plugged the air popper back in and got the seeds back out. I poured the seeds in and turned it on. Elijah always likes to watch the seeds spin around inside so I picked him up and set him on the counter. We waited for the popcorn to pop and I melted some butter. Mom probably won't approve of our eating choices today, but we don't eat like this often so its okay.

The popcorn was done and I turned off the popper. I poured the butter on it and sprinkled some seasoning on it. We went back into the living room and I pushed play. We ate our popcorn and watched the movie until Mom and Dad came home.

They walked in the living room and the movie was just about over.

"Hey guys, how was your afternoon?" Mom asked.

"Good" we both said.

"What did you eat for lunch?" she asked.

"Umm...popcorn" I said slowly with a smile hoping that I don't get yelled at.

"Is that all you two have eaten all day?" she asked as she crossed her arms and raised her eyebrows.

"Well, um, maybe" I said quietly.