Karen

When I pulled in the driveway after our girl's day, I see Jimi leaning against his truck with a big bouquet of flowers. I look over at Emma and she has a smirk on her face.

"Do you know what he's up to?" I asked her with my eyebrows raised.

"Maybe" she said with the same smirk on her face. I pulled the SUV into the garage and we climbed out. Emma stood in the garage and I walked over to Jimi with a smile on my face.

"For you my love" he said and handed me the flowers. I leaned in and kissed him.

"They're beautiful, thank you." I said with a smile.

"Can we go inside? It's freezing out here" I said.

"Nope, we're going out" he said.

"We are? I asked with a smile.

"We are" he said.

"Hey Em, can you take these inside and put them in a vase?" I asked Emma.

"Sure" she said and took them and grabbed the shopping bags from the car and walked inside.

"You roped Emma into watching Elijah?" I asked.

"Yep. It wasn't that hard. She loves watching him" he said and helped me in the truck. Then he climbed in and pulled out of the driveway.

"So, where are we going?" I asked.

"You'll have to wait and see" he said and reached over and grabbed my hand. About a half an hour later, we pulled up to my favorite burger place.

"Oh I love this place" I said excitedly.

"I know. That's why we're here" He said with a smile and climbed out of the truck. He walked over to my side and helped me out. We walked in and got seated right away.

We sat there in a comfortable silence while we figured out what we were going to order. It is really nice to have some actual alone time with Jimi. I mean we had an entire week alone when my parents had the kids, but we were so busy with the house stuff and getting it ready, we had no time to just be with each other.

The waiter returned with our sodas and then we ordered our food. I ordered a bacon cheeseburger with fries and Jimi ordered the deluxe cheeseburger with fries. Once the waiter walked away, we started talking.

"While Emma and I were at the salon she asked me about entering a singing talent show at the end of March that Gracie is entered in." I started.

"Really? I didn't think she liked performing" Jimi said.

"Neither did I. The last time she performed in front of an actual audience was when she was eleven and she didn't really like it all that much" I said.

"I wonder what made her change her mind" Jimi said.

"It was your song writing session this morning" I said with a smile.

"Really?" Jimi asked surprised and I nodded.

"She said she loved it and she realized that she really does love to sing" I said and he smiled.

"What did you tell her?"

"I told her that I would talk to you first before agreeing to anything" I said.

"What do you think?" he asked.

"I think it would be a great opportunity for her to figure out if this is something she really wants to pursue in the future. And if she doesn't like it, she doesn't like it. I think it will help that Gracie is entered too" I said.