Jimi

It is now the end of May. Emma has now been cleared to start physical therapy for her knee. The doctor said her ribs have healed nicely. All of her scars have healed as well. She is moving around without crutches and is off her pain medications, but still has to wear her knee brace that doesn't allow her to bend it. She is basically back to her normal self. It is really amazing to see her finally be happy and not in pain.

Emma has her first physical therapy appointment this morning. I'm taking her and Karen is staying back with Elijah and they are going to have some time together. If Elijah had it his way, he would be going with Emma to see the physical therapist, but we told him he would be really bored.

It's about 8:30 and Elijah had just finished eating breakfast and was sitting on the couch with me watching Jake and the Neverland Pirates. Karen went upstairs to get Emma up and moving. At 9:30, Emma made her way downstairs.

"Are you about ready to go kiddo?" I asked her when she walked over to the couch.

"Yeah" she said.

"Alright, let's go" I said.

We headed out to the garage and climbed in the truck and headed to the physical therapy office.

"When we get home, can we finish that song we started a few weeks ago?" she asked.

"Yeah, sure" I said and smiled at her. We listened to the radio the rest of the way there.

We pulled up to the office and I parked the truck. We climbed out and walked in. I checked her in and we waited in the chairs in the waiting room until they called her back. When they did we followed the doctor back and he started with explaining how it was going to work.

"So today's appointment is just going to be a consultation. I'm going to take x-rays of her knee and discus what we're going to do" he started.

We followed him back to get an x-ray. She put on the apron and he took a few of them. Then we followed him back to the office.

"Her x-rays are about what I thought they were going to be, which is good, she will need therapy every day for ten days and then we will see where she is. If everything is going as planned, we can switch it to twice a week for five weeks. Hopefully in six weeks she will have full range of motion" he said.

"That sounds good, thank you" I said.

We walked out of the office and up to the front desk. I made appointments for the next ten days at 10:30. Once I was done, we headed out to the truck.

"Do you want to get something for lunch?" I asked Emma.

"Yeah, sure" she said with a smile.

"What do you want?" I asked.

"I could go for pizza" she said and I nodded. We stopped and picked up a pizza then went home. We headed inside and I set the pizza on the coffee table. We sat on the couch and ate the pizza and talked.

"So, tomorrow is mine and Mom's anniversary and I want to take her away for a night" I said and she smiled.

"So, Maggie is going to come over tomorrow afternoon when you guys are done hanging out with Kimberly and spend the night here with you and Elijah" I added.

"Okay" she said and nodded.

"So, you've done all of this without Mom finding out?" she asked.

"I've made it this far haven't I" I chuckled.

"How long ago did you book the hotel?" she asked.

"A few months ago" I said.

"And she hasn't found out yet, I'm impressed" she said.