Chapter 6

As we walk into the dorm I can't help but notice the emptiness that surrounds it giving me a slight uneasy feeling. A single student sits on his own reading what looks to be a small leather bound book in one of the few red velvet chairs in the dorm, other than that not even one other person can be seen. It's strange, this seems to be happening a lot more now than it ever has before now that I think about it. I start to walk a little faster still making sure the others are behind me so they can tell me if I go the wrong way. After two wrong turns and struggling to help Haven upstairs we make it to Haven's room. His room is different, even from the outside that much is obvious, unlike the other dull brown doors that come with almost every single dorm room this door is white, at least it looks to be, the shading is a little different though. A small poster accompanies the unusual colouring of the door. On the poster is a man with lightning surrounding his hand along whilst in the other he holds a small blade. He wears strange looking armour that is covered in spikes that look jagged and unnatural. It's clear that this poster is from a video game because of the large lettering above the man in the poster along with the graphic quality. Haven reaches out trying to open the door pretty much forgetting about his crutches, before he can even reach the door he starts to fall, for some reason my first instinct tells me to laugh but I refrain myself instead catching him and helping him back up.

"Thanks."

"No problem bro." I say with a small reassuring smile as Brock opens the door leading into Haven's room. It looks like something out of a teen drama movie, the walls are covered in posters, mostly video game posters along with a few... others. In the far side of the room in front of the wall is a small desk with two compartments, one holds a games console while the other holds various games. On top of the desk itself is a small tv. At the other side of the room is a desk holding a large computer, certainly larger than one a student could have bought unless they had done jobs for at least a year probably more. The floor itself has clothes scattered around it making it almost hard to walk around without stepping on dirty clothes. A single pair of underwear is visible next to the bed.

"Umm bro." I say pointing at the underwear, Haven's face flushes red and he moves over to them kicking them under the bed.

"I umm haven't been able to clean up in a while and ummm yeah, forget you saw that." I can hear Brock giggling over the sound of Haven's voice and I almost break into soft laughter myself. Haven ignores us and makes his way over to the games console switching it on picking up a controller and throwing it so Brock can catch it. He throws another at me then grabs one himself. He almost falls as he moves over to the bed trying to steady himself as he does so, finally managing to sit down. Brock jumps onto the bed after him bouncing in his seat a few times, the bed starts rocking and I decide to sit on the floor since the only place to sit on the bed is next to Brock. Which would make this incredibly awkward considering the fact that- I might like him. Maybe.

"Dustin there's enough room on the bed if you want?"

"Ummm no I'm fine I just- just don't worry about it bro."

"Ok I guess." Brock gives me a strange look for a second while Haven loads the game before turning his attention to the screen. Oh god, does he know? No, he- could, shit. I try my best to take my mind of it stretching my legs in front of me. The game is some kind of war game and Haven brings up the multiplayer menu putting it into versus mode. He quickly sets up both the map and the rules before starting the game. A loading screen tells us to get ready and I do so... by continuing to hold the controller staring at it hoping the controls are the same as in similar games. Not that I was ever any good at any video game anyway.

"Haven Haven Haven Haven Haven!"

"Sup man?"

"How do you play?"