Chapter 16

I leave Brock lying in my bed, not knowing what to do now, Levi has gone back to studying, which honestly I’m thankful for, I don’t really have the energy to talk to him right now, even so I do feel like going on a walk, to get some fresh air if anything else.

“Hey Levi, keep an eye on Brock for me, if he wakes up tell him I’ve gone on a walk and I should be back soon.”

“And I should do that because?”

“Because if you do it you have my gratitude.”

“And that gets me?” Honestly I kinda want to punch him, I hold back the urge and sigh quietly.

“It means I won’t punch you in the crotch next time you wake me up in the morning.” I give a half smile and he looked up from his book.

“Fine, to be honest that’s the best I’m gonna get.”

“That’s true, anyway, be back soon, bye.” I leave quickly not giving him time to respond, he can be so annoying sometimes but oh well, at least he’s my friend, for whatever reason. I quickly make my way through the dormitory, taking the stair rather than the elevator, nobody takes the stairs so it’s a great way to avoid people. To be quite honest I have no idea where I’m actually going to walk to, I might go swimming, my stuff is still in the lockers but I’m not sure I can be bothered to do even that, no matter how much I actually enjoy it, maybe I can go to the library, nevermind fuck libraries, that would end in me studying and I don’t want to do that. I could just walk around aimlessly for a while, yeah that works. Walking around aimlessly it is. There’s a lot to think about, Brock’s my boyfriend now, we were attacked after seeing some weird cult that we should probably report, at least I think it was a cult. I don’t think anybody would chant shit like that and not be a cult. My arm still stings a little, the nurse did say that the pain will go away after an hour or so, at least it should and it has only been maybe half that by my count. Not that my count is very reliable but whatever. I make my way outside the building, careful to avoid people on my way out, especially Shocker of all people, thankfully I haven’t actually seen him since Brock's gig. He doesn’t seem the type to play an instrument, then again he does fit the profile of douchey band member with an attitude problem, make that a major attitude problem. I start to move my fingers around a little making some of the plants grow and follow next to me, no idea why, largely out of habit. The night sky does look pretty beautiful, the way the stars shine and the moon illuminates the path ahead of me, it’s peaceful, cold, but peaceful all the same. I can never tell what colour the sky is at night, some nights it looks pitch black, others dark blue and some nights it even looks slightly purple, others it’s grey, clouds get in the way which is probably why but most nights it’s clear. It’s nice, being out here on my own, don’t get me wrong I’d love to have Brock here, he seems to make any situation better, even if his tendency to scold me for swearing can be a little annoying. He’s just always, I don’t know, happy, it’s a nice change from the usual depressed teenage angst you tend to see around the orphanage. Not that you can really blame anyone, most people here lost family, others are here because their family simply doesn’t like them, then there’s the lucky few who actually come here for boarding, no matter what though, everyone always seems to be sad about something, besides Brock, and come to think of it Lynn. Maybe even Ryder and Lynx though admittedly I don’t see them often enough to say.  Everyone else, well this school, orphanage, whatever you want to call it is basically depression central, hence why Brock is such a welcome change, he makes me happy to be at the orphanage and makes all the bad shit worth it. Do I love him? In one of those shitty teen romance novels the answer would be yes but this time the answer is no. Don’t get me wrong, I like him, I really fucking like him a lot but I have to be honest, love isn’t an emotion that develops in such a short time, will I love him soon, most likely but now, no, not yet.