Chapter 14

A/N hey guys sorry I haven't been able to write for a while but I haven't had anything to write on but I finally found something, updates might not be as frequent and I won't be able to post character aesthetics but still I can write now!

-----------------------------------------------------------

<Brocks POV>

I watch as Dustin leaves with Ryder, my voice hitches slightly but I manage to play it off and keep singing. I don’t know why but pretty much the whole time I was staring at Dustin, my mind going back to the kiss we shared, the spark I felt that I’ve been hoping ever since, he felt too. His smile made it so for once, on this stage my stomach wasn’t doing somersaults and my heart wasn’t beating faster than the bangs on the drums. But now he’s out there with Ryder and it all just comes back in waves. Still I keep singing, instead looking for another smiling face. Making people happy is what I’ve always liked doing, having a positive impact on lives. And seeing people’s smiling faces always makes me happy. I never exactly understood how but I’ve always been relatively good at singing, when I was four they put me on the choir at church, I messed up with the words a lot but still, I wasn’t there for the words I was there for my voice. And I always had so much fun.

“Maybe we’re a little unifferent.” Sugar. I mess up the words even now for most songs, memorising them is hard. Especially when you’re on stage and everyone is concentrating on you, your voice, your movements. I look around more coming to the smiling face of a boy with bright green hair, he’s wearing a black hooded sweater, the hood pulled over his head so I can’t make out his facial features, the only reason I see his hair is because his fringe is so long. Along with his fringe I see his smile, even though he looks slightly creepy his smile is what I lock on to. Creepy but comforting, strange combination no doubt. Though I’ll be honest he has, well I’m assuming he I should probably say they to avoid possibly getting the wrong pronoun, horrible fashion sense like what the heck, those jeans do not go with that sweater and that hair colour with that sweater, oh honey if I wasn’t on stage right now. Hmmm usually around this point I start flying and doing some flips in the air and fly around the heads of the crowd… Stuff it I’m doing it. I concentrate on my legs for a second, feeling myself becoming weightless and hearing the crowd cheering a little more. Once I open my eyes I let myself go higher and, still singing, slip twice before floating over the crowd earning more cheers. I catch the door open and see a vibrant red haired person leave, no doubt that’s Lynx running to see what is going on with Ryder and Dustin. To be honest I’m half tempted to stop singing and go and see for myself, I resist this temptation. After all I wanna be a singer and that’s not going to happen if I randomly leave my gigs. Besides curiosity killed the cat...but satisfaction brought it back...no no NOPE not gonna do that, just keep singing. My mind keeps going back to Dustin though, I realise I never actually asked him out, yeah he swears a LOT but, he’s nice and perfect. I’m asking him out after this gig, no question, no doubts, I just gotta do it and if he says no then he says no, please say yes. Please god say yes, that’d be amazing. Then I’d get to feel that spark a whole lot more, every day even, hopefully more than once.

Then the door opens, Dustin is the first to walk in and I stop gliding through the air shifting my attention away from Green hair human and back to Dustin, his platinum blonde hair is honestly, just perfect, everything about him is, maybe not the swearing, but everything else. Maybe not to everyone but to me. I hesitate, the words to the song coming out all jumbled, I keep going managing yet again to play it off. I can’t keep getting distracted like this, but it’s so hard. Just watching the way his jaw moves when he speaks almost sends me into a fritz again but I manage to catch myself this time. He looks up at me a smile immediately coming to his face. No Dustin, don’t do that, no no not aloud OH MY GOD HE’S SO CUTE HALP, gfvgshvbjbfhjfhjsdghdvgsgh sugar, I need to concentrate, but he’s just, I just, ugh I wanna hug him so much right now.