Chapter 10

He moves the pill to his mouth, slowly, shaking, opening his mouth and finally placing the pill on his tongue and swallowing it without water. Cai's face full of fear but relief as the pill moves down his throat looks strange. The combination of two very different emotions, they look almost natural, like they're supposed to blend and meld perfectly into a perfect symphony, one that resonates inside you and stays in its place eternally never shifting. I can't help myself as I give a small sigh of relief, I know the pill isn't going to calm him down, and if it does certainly not completely but just knowing that we might have helped even a little is satisfying, though the twinge of worry in my stomach keeps screaming at me to stop, to not let him close because even though I know now for a fact that Levi is alive, and by extension Brock, I feel like I'm a danger to him. To everyone. At first the shaking seems to get worse with his breathing becoming more rapid and his eyes seeming to dart from corner to corner of the room. This slowly comes to a halt and his breathing returns to normal after what feels like at least an hour.

"You ok bro?" I say as gently as possible, trying my best not to send him into another, what I presume was a, panic attack. Cai simply nods his head slowly refusing to look at me or Levi.

"I can take you back to your room if you want me to?" At first he doesn't react, instead just stares at the floor.

"Ummm did yo-" He nods as I start talking and I decide against saying the rest, holding out my hand in a weak offer to help him up, an offer he doesn't accept as he just stands himself and heads for the door, keeping his head down as he does so.I wait a few seconds before following behind him, we make our way down to his room and he opens the door walking inside.

"So are you sure you're going to be ok? Do you need anything bro?" Another nod, I give another small smile before heading back into my room and sitting on my bed.

"Dude so who was that guy? Like how long have you known him?"

"We met umm today actually." Awkwardly laughing I pick up a study book opening to a random page.

"Weird but ok, he seemed quite comfortable with you, at first anyway."

"Yeah I guess I just make people more comfortable, unlike some people." I nod my head in Levi's direction.

"Fuck off, dude if you made him that comfortable he wouldn't have had a panic attack."

"Yeah well- fuck you."

"Hey I thought you were supposed to be fucking Brock."

"I hate you so much."

"But I'm so amazing and likeable."

"Nah, just a dipshit."

"Nice to know I'm so loved dude." He wipes away a fake tear before walking over and closing the book in my hands.

"Gee thanks, it's not like I was reading that or anything."

"You're welcome. See I'm just so helpful, and apparently huggable."

"Hey shut up, I have my reasons."

"Yeah ok dude. Anyway Garnet wants to see us in the lobby dumbass, didn't you get the email?"

"Email?"

"Yeah, the one Garnet sent- you know what just come on dude, todays the day we get that Opal girl, Garnet found out where she's hiding out and came up with a plan, she'll explain when everyone gets to the lobby." A twinge of excitement rushes through my body, only to be followed by a twinge of fear. Opal is very powerful, cocky too, who knows if we'll actually catch her, or whatever Garnet plans on doing. She could have come and told us herself to meet at the lobby at this time, I mean who checks their email anymore? Honestly, Levi is just weird for doing that, check your email there's usually more homework there and I have enough as it is, at least if I don't 'receive' the homework I have some kind of excuse for not doing it. We make our out of our room and down the stairs, reluctantly I drag my feet down the stairs while Levi storms ahead as if excited. I'm in the mood to study not to fight, though this would be the perfect chance to get back at Opal, she'd beaten the crap out of all three of us last time but with myself, Brock, Levi, Ryder, Lynx, Haven, and arguably the strongest in terms of power use in the school, Garnet, Opal didn't stand a chance. Hell Garnet could probably do this on her own if she wanted to, but from what I noticed about her, she doesn't like getting her hands dirty unless she has to. The lobby and halls themselves are almost empty with few students scattering themselves among the sofas and some heading into their rooms. Garnet waits with Haven in the centre of the room, she seems to be ignoring him, much to his annoyance.