Day 1

The next day

I wake up in my bed, my eyes wide open as I can't sleep no more. I grab my phone which is on the small table right next to me when the screen blinds me.

God, it's already 10 a.m ?

I pull out the sheets and stand up with my sleepers on, open the windows and go to the kitchen. I grab only a banana as it is already quite late in the morning and make a cup of tea.

As I am sitting, I look at the notifications on my phone but there is no news from Mr. Malik. I sigh, feeling a bit frustrated and lock the phone, reaching for the cup of tea in the microwave, carefully enough not to burn me this time.

I turn the TV on, as usual, just to see the news. As a journalist, keeping up with current events is essential. That's why I'm always on my phone and on Twitter most of the time even though you can't always relate on it. But that's my job to know what is real and what is not.

Once I'm done with my breakfast and the news, I head to the bathroom and pick up some comfy clothes for the day as I know that I'll be chilling once again, not expecting much from this day.

But these thoughts quickly fade away when the hot drops of water run down on my skin. The feeling is so good that I close my eyes and enjoy this warm sensation. I take a deep breath and start to relax, all the negative things away from me now, not feeling tensed anymore.

Suddenly the music on my phone starts so slow down and I barely hear the lyrics, I turn around and look at my phone through the shower's door. Someone might be calling me but I can't see properly as the vapor blinds me and I miss the call.

I wait for a few seconds and then the phone rings again, this time I walk out the shower and take it. Almost stumbling I slow down and put a hand on my heart.

"Whoever is calling me, this better be important, I almost died." I thought.

I look at the screen and see an unknown number but I decide to pick up anyway.

"Hello ?"

"Hello, Miss Mathewsen." And as soon as I hear his voice, I recognize him through the phone and my body tense right away. His deep tone making me feel weird.

"M-Mr. Malik ! Hello !" I say, quite out of breath.

"Am I calling at the wrong time ? You seem busy."

"Absolutely not, I was just having a shower. Sorry if I answered you late."

Why am I giving him such details ?

"Oh I see," I can see him smirk through the phone, "would you be able to come to my office in 30 minutes ?"

30 minutes ?!

"I'd like to meet you again, to talk about the job. Do you think you can come ?"

"Sure, I'll be right there Mr. Malik."

"Good. See you later then."

"Yes, of course." I reply, politely.