New dawn*

We left for London a few hours later, as it was planned. I couldn't let go his hand and couldn't take my eyes off of him. Obviously, Zayn was not able to leave the country in terms of health. But it was a matter of life or death, as Angelo told me, as they both told me.

We flew to England cautiously, and I felt like I had left a part of me. I guess it is always going to be this way, we would never be home. We would never be able to stay somewhere and getting attached to something real, except us.

Zayn was my only family now, because I had to say goodbye to my parents. Deep down, I knew such things might happen but I never wanted to admit it. I gave it all to him, and I was about to prove it. But I know that was the only solution. It was the only way for being together and I had to protect the people I love, because they didn't choose to be in this life, only I did.

It is like I could feel the small pieces of my heart leaving my chest each step I was making towards my former house, my former family.

I am in the car which drives me to my parents' house but I can't move. Because I know that from the moment I will walk out of this car, everything will end. And something else will begin.

I rest my hand on the handle, my palms are sweaty and I have struggle to breathe but there's no time for pain right now. I have to act, to play a role I would never play again. I gather all my courage and step outside, closing the door behind me and this sound makes my body stiffer.

As soon as I'm walking towards the house, my mom opens the door and goes to see me and embrace me. She holds me tight and our body almost bump into each other.

"Oh Candice," she says and I can hear the smile on her face even though I can't see it, "how much I've missed you."

"I missed you too, mom." I say, almost sobbing.

We move back and she takes my face between her hands, she looks at me deeply, her eyes full of tears.

How am I going to leave you, I thought.

Then, I turn my face and see my dad waiting for us under the porch. He seems happy to see me as well, but less demonstrative, as he always did. I walk towards him and hug him as well. And when I step in into that house I have spent years in, so many memories come back to me.

"I've missed this place." I say, just like this.

"This place missed you too." My dad says and I smile back at him.

We all sit around the table in the dining room, of course we sit on where we have always sit, my mom on the left side and my dad on the right. I look at them while we are eating and wonder deep down how am I going to lie straight to their faces, am I capable of doing this ? Suddenly my mom brings me back to reality as I'm lost in my thoughts.

"So honey, how's your life in L.A going ?" She asks.

"Well, everything is fine. I love being there actually." I smile.

"What about your job ?" My dad asks this time.

"I'm still employed in that enterprise I've told you about."

"Oh really !" my mom exclaims, "you must be doing a very good job then. Do you like working there ?" She says, innocent.