End game

There was this weird feeling in the air and inside my own body, like I was going somewhere I'd never be able to return from. I could feel it in my bones, running through my veins. The shivers running down my spine could not lie to me, just like this little voice I was trying to shut down.

Like I might have told you once, I've always had some kind of powers, some kind of magic inside of me. Sometimes it helped me to understand what should I do and what I should not. It helped me to understand people too, to see right through them like an open book. But I've never really paid attention to it, I think I was denying it.

But for now, this feeling was so strong, so powerful. I could not do otherwise.

But it was already too late.

I'm holding Zayn's hand tight as we make our way to the gate and I realise that this might be the biggest mistake we've made by far. Series of bodyguards are standing before us, they are heavily armed and I feel my trachea getting more and more narrow each step we make.

Zayn and Angelo remain silent, and I feel like a lost puppy in the middle of all these men. I think it is the most intimidating moment of my life. Zayn holds me tight, firmly, never looking away from them. He scans them, still silent, and nobody moves.

I quickly understand that they know him, they know who he is. He doesn't need to speak.

"It is a bit cheeky of you showing up here, once again. Especially after what you've done, isn't it Malik ?" Zayn smirks at what the man said, he bites his lips and takes a step forward. I follow him behind.

"Don't blame me, I love surprises." He says in a humorous tone.

I look at the man who just talked to Zayn more precisely, as a silence follows his words. His finger peacefully rests on the trigger, ready to pull it and my back is tensed. This man seems so powerful he might strangle me only using his biceps, and this is only one man. There is approximatively ten other men behind him. Well, twelve to be more precise. My jaw drops instinctively and I can't pretend to feel confident anymore.

"Are you going to let us in, or what ?" Angelo says in his deep husky voice as he raises his brow. I know he is as nervous as I am, it is just that he perfectly hides it. I couldn't tell it if I wouldn't know him that well.

"Why are you here ?" A bodyguard asks from behind. I feel shivers running down my spine once again. I want to run right now.

"I came here to meet Lucia, for once and for all." Zayn states, I feel his hand on mine getting more pressure. It is like I could feel his blood running in his veins, throbbing.

"Yeah, and maybe for the last time." The first bodyguard Zayn talked to said and I hear those men laughing. I try to keep my composure and not to fall on the ground. I remain static next to him. "Does she know that you're coming ?"

"Well, I didn't know it myself like three hours ago. But I guess that she knows by now. She always know what is going on, right ?"

"What if she doesn't want to see your angelic face, Malik ?" The bodyguard comes closer to Zayn and he puts me behind him quickly as they are facing now.

"It is what she's been waiting for such a long time. I don't think I'd get a no as an answer."

"Maybe we should ask her ?" My heart skips a beat as the man is so close to Zayn he might break his neck within a second. The air seems impossible to breathe because of the tension it is filled with.