Are you watching closely ?

Zayn's POV

Time is our worst enemy. Sometimes you wish it would last longer and sometimes you are begging it to end. It is one of the many things we do not have a grip on, and it is terrifying.

I have always run after time, I have always rushed in my life in the fear of losing precious time. It is like I have always wanted to be ahead, advanced, uncatchable. I knew how to control it, using it wisely but today, it seems like time is catching me up and there is nothing I can do to stop it.

Just like a thin thread slipping from your fingers : before you have time to feel it, it is already gone.

And I felt like my life was only holding on by a thin thread, it might break from one second to another. Angelo, Candice, were the only thing that made me hold on life, because I was so tired, physically but most of all mentally. I don't know if my mind could bear something else. I had always been the tough guy who's not scared of anything, but scare had slowly grown in me. Because I had something to lose this time, someone I love.

After the airport episode, I decided that we should stay in my secret basement until we find out how to fix things. But the truth is, if other gangs have started to look for Candice, I don't know how we are going to survive this. The man we took care of told us there was a big reward in exchange of her, and knowing how difficult this business is, I can bet no one would say no.

But they could be ten, one hundred, one thousand, as long as I am here no one will touch her.

But Candice, she doesn't see things that way because she is scared of losing me too. She wants to protect me but she can't, and it seems like we have argued a lot these days. I guess we are both suffering from this situation and I can't deal with it anymore, I need to do something.

"I can't stay here any longer." I say, clenching my fists.

"But you said-

"I know what I said," I cut her off, "but I need to get out of here, breathing fresh air."

"If you go, I go with you." She says in a weak voice.

"It is better for you to stay hidden, I told you that." I say, a bit irritated now.

"We can't live like this forever !" she says with tears in her throat, "It's been days !"

"You won't leave this place until we fix this shit." I point my finger at her, "I'd rather be a prisoner than losing you forever, do you understand that ?"

"Well, I'm the one who's being a prisoner right now." She says crossing her arms.

"Candice..." I say taking a deep breath, but Angelo walks in the basement.

I turn my head to face him, he looks worried and surprised at the same time. As if he had seen a ghost, he is holding a phone between his hands.

"Zayn..." he says in a weird way.

"What is it ?" I ask, still annoyed.

"I think you should," he pauses, his mouth slightly opened, "you should pick up the phone. Someone wants to talk to you."