3

Zayn's POV

"Boss ?"

"Daniel, how are you ? How things are going in L.A?"

"I'm doing great, but things here are complicated."

"What do you mean ?"

"Lucia still thinks Jude was murdered, she thinks you are behind this."

"Fùck, we need to fix this asap."

"I'm taking care of it. Look, I suggested Lucia to analyse the corpse in case it was not a murder."

"Did she believe you ?"

"She said she might give it a go."

"She needs to, " I pause, "try to convince her and call me back whenever you can."

"Alright."

I hang up the phone and immediately wake up Angelo who fell asleep. I tell him to join me on the little balcony outside to have a talk, he comes a few seconds later rubbing his eyes and yawning.

"Sorry for waking you up."

"No problem, what's up ?" He asks.

"Daniel just called me. Apparently Lucia still thinks we are behind this shít, but she might analyse his corpse to see if it was truly a murder."

"Damn," he starts to light up a cigarette, "for once, we're not involved into a murder or this kind of stuff but still, we get hammered for it."

"Isn't it ironic ?" We both laugh, "anyway I'm taking Candice to dinner tonight. I need to think about something else before going crazy."

"Do you want me to ensure your protection ?"

"Nah man, we'll be fine. You should enjoy your time here too." I give him a wink and elbow him.

"I think I can do that, yeah." He says, smirking.

Then, I wake up Candice who's asleep as well. She might be so emotionally tired, just like me. I look at her sleeping for a few seconds, staring at her features, she looks like a divinity. I sit on the bed delicately and strokes her hair, she moves her head as she feels my fingers on her skin.

She opens her green eyes slowly and immediately smile when she sees my face above her, and I start to smile too. Why can't we have such peaceful moment like this all the time, because that's all I want, that's all I wanna see. Her face smiling back at me, nothing else.

"Hi, my love." I whisper and kiss her forehead.

"Hey." She says yawning.

"I was thinking... maybe we could have dinner. Just you and me, away from everything."

"I think that's a great idea but," she frowns, "isn't it too dangerous for us to go outside like this ?"

"I know a lot of people here and I trust them. Nothing will happen, I promise you babe." I say stroking her cheek and she takes my hand.