Home

7 years later

I'm happy. I'm happy with my life. I have learned to be, despite all the bad things which could cross my path. But I did it. We had to start over, together, but we did it. 7 years ago Zayn took me to this place to offer me a better life, somewhere to be free and far away from all the sadness that was overwhelming us. I did not know where we were going, and now it feels like I would never leave this place. Because it became ours.

I took his hand and followed him without looking back. We started over just the two of us, we built our own home and our own family.

I won't lie, it was hard at times. Sometimes I would find myself crying in the middle of the night without knowing why, or rather pretending not to know. It takes time to find the light in the darkest place of your soul. But once you have someone to guide you nothing is impossible. He is my light, the man who brightens up my world.

I have missed a lot the people I love and I still do. But I believe that they always live with us, inside us and as long as you'll remember them they'll never die. Even if I am not Candice anymore, I am still the same person. And even if he is not Zayn anymore, he will always be my Zayn.

Of course, changing country and basically life was not easy. We had to change our identity and erase everything from the past. We had to become someone else just to be able to be. Do you know how it feels when you lose everything ? Even your name ? It was one of the toughest thing I had to do. I never thought I was so attached to who I was, until I was asked to give up on me.

But now I know that it was all worth it. We've built such a beautiful place together, it's our paradise. We left everything behind and never looked back. I am so proud of us, and I wish he is too. I wish you are.

I look at the sea on the balcony, peacefully, as the wind plays with my hair. The mix between this bright white and this deep blue always appease me. I love breathing this sea air, it feels like it purifies you from the inside. It has become my peaceful place whenever I need to think on my own. Everything is so calm and quiet you can actually feel your soul healing.

I close my eyes for a second, when Zayn comes behind me and put his hands around my waist. He hugs me tight from behind and my body relaxes as I feel the warmth of his chest. We stay silent, only looking at the landscape. We know each other so well we don't even need to talk, our silence is the loudest form of love. I feel his beard brushing on my shoulder and I smile when he kisses my cheek.

"What are you thinking about ?" He whispers in my ear.

"You. It is always you."

"Oh I see," he kisses me again, "but more precisely ?"

"I was thinking about everything we did for the past 7 years now." Suddenly he makes me turn around and face him, I'm diving into his hazel eyes. I'm still a teenage girl whenever I look at him and those butterflies in my stomach would never leave me.

"Are you happy ?" He asks and I brush his skin delicately.

"You know what I have always loved about you ?" He shakes his head, "you always put me and my happiness first. You always did. You are the most caring person I know."

"Because you're my everything Candice, it is that simple." I can't help but smile and blush as well, "God I love it."